Burglar

My purring and fine behavior actually paid off, although not by the will of the elf but by the lady who decided that she was the head of the house. Maybe she is as much as she allows herself to be and it goes by without much resistance. She put me in a slightly warmer place and subtly informed me that she would turn the wild boars on me if I tried to escape through the window as soon as she turned around. I don't know how seriously I can take her threats, but I wouldn't be surprised if she has trained boars that eat the people she pushes in front of them.

It must have been deep into the night when I heard unfamiliar footsteps. The sound startled me from my slumber and disturbed me. Who is walking around the house at this hour? I straightened up on the bed and stared at the door, but at that moment I didn't dare go and check. I was waiting for all my courage to return so that I could attack the burglar and drive him out of the house. However, Vadim put all that trust and hope in me that I will be a good guard so that I cannot hide now regardless of whose house I am in.

I went through the door that for some reason they decided to leave unlocked even though I'm a flight risk (maybe they're just testing me and looking for a reason to beat me up) and I went down the hall looking for the source of the sound. I had to be guided more by feeling than by my own eyes, but I found him and it was immediately clear to me that this would not be a fair fight. One human can hardly take down a fully grown elf, let alone me. I thought for a few moments, but I had to take that surprise step while his back was still turned to me.

I jumped him and managed to climb on his back (years of tree climbing paid off) which pissed him off as expected. I clung to him tightly and bit his shoulder, which earned me curses, insults and my back against the wall so I would back down. It didn't take long for us to call out the other residents of the house with our arguing, but it was a woman's voice that stopped us both:

-Stop it!-she shouted and looked at us as if she could lock us both down in the basement to calm down because we woke her up:

-What are you two doing?

-She attacked me!-he explained, expecting her support and help, but he earned only one more bite:

-Get her off me! She will transfer something to me!

-You scared her. She must have thought you broke into the house.

-Into my own house?!-well, this is an awkward situation.

The woman took me off his back and held me in her arms, and he didn't know if he would rather wipe the blood off himself and take something for rabies or suffocate me. At least I proved myself as a good housekeeper:

-What is that?

-Your son brought this from his trip while you were gone. He's obviously taking revenge on you because you didn't give him pets when he was little.

-He got more than enough.

-Like all your children.

-Lock her somewhere where she can't leave and jump on me.-incredibly calm reaction, I was convinced that he was going to throw me out the window.

I had to listen to their discussion from my room, but no one came to kill me. I'll take that as a good sign. It's amazing how many people threaten, but I hardly ever pick up a beating, at least some serious one.

It wasn't until the next morning that I got a visit, but from the young elf. They should have sent someone I haven't bitten yet, a woman with brain cells and boars for example, because they are obviously not compatible to talk to savages:

-I don't know what kind of magic you're using, but you won't die today. My father's girlfriend wants to keep you, at least for now. She could persuade him to adopt a centaur.-a girlfriend? Does that count as a stepmother or does he have to marry her first? I don't want to lose the potato I bet on even though it bothered me while I slept on it.