Necklace

As the winter passed, I adapted better to life in the house with my elf and his servants, and most of all with Zulia, who was in charge of me from the beginning. He owns so much and yet he seems so lonely. Maybe that's why he got a cat. With great effort, he taught me several commands and expressions such as "Sit", "Lie down", "Calm down, wild girl", "Stop eating from my plate" and "Yuck that, stop touching it" and such things alike. None of them have yet been able to understand why I don't make any sound, why I bristle when someone picks up my pot, or how no matter how hard they try they can't soften my scars, but somehow they've come to accept that I'm a broken toy and replacement parts for me don't produce anymore. I got my own bed and a place separate from their table where I can eat even though I'm not always inclined to respect my limits. I even received a few pieces of clothing although it is not absolutely necessary, but apparently I was not clear enough when I tried to let them know that it was not necessary for me. It has become strange to wear clothes by now.

I hopped over to my elf who was sitting in front of the lit fire and staring at it as if he had mentally wandered off somewhere. I don't remember ever seeing anyone come to visit him. Who knows who he angered when no one wants to see him. And maybe he's the one who left. I placed my palms on his pale hand and stared at him, and he seemed to be frightened for a moment. He addressed me with a few words and patted my head:

-Vadim?-Zulia called him and peeked into the room.

She went inside and brought him a black necklace with a bell and a silver pendant in the shape of a leaf with "Klarissa" written on it. He took it and studied it as if he was checking to see if it was well made or if he would have to ask for a refund, then he adjusted it around my neck. Even though I'm starting to feel more like an animal than what I really am (or at least I used to be), I can't complain. This is a really nice necklace. I don't remember ever getting jewelry, I always had only what was left from my mother. I'm a pet, but finally I'm not a replacement. They love me, not the memory of someone before me.

I cheered up and almost ended up in his lap trying to give him a hug. He patted my head and placed a kiss on my forehead. It's nice to be a pet. I will consider my stay here.

I went to the shelves and took down the first book that looked interesting to me. I just wanted him to read to me again regardless of the fact that I don't understand most of it. I showed him what I wanted, and he pulled me into his lap like a small child. I put on a dress, I deserve to listen to at least one chapter.