Chapter 20: Coming Back

"Ly..." Bang called Alyssa.

"What are you doing here?" Alyssa asked coldly. She's sitting on the bench, her usual tambayan.

"I need to talk to you." Bang said. Alyssa didn't answer so Bang took that as a yes. Umupo siya sa kabilang dulo ng bench.

"Ara's furious about you and Den being together." Umpisa ni Bang.

"I don't care, Bang. As long as she's not bothering us, then we're good." Ly said.

"I know that. I know you don't care about what people say pero Ara's different, Ly. I'm warning you." Bang said.

"She can't do anyhing, Bang. Kahit anong gawin niya, wala ng epekto sa amin ni Den." Ly said.

"Jus is on her side. Now, yung daddy ni Den na rin. I just want to let you know she doesn't play fair." Bang said.

"I don't play. I love Den. Kung sa tingin niya laro 'to, pwes sa akin hindi." Ly said.

"Bakit mo ba kasi ginagawa ito? Don't use Dennise to get over me!" Bang said and stood up to face Ly.

"Woah! I'm way over you, Bang. What you and Ara believe is not the truth. Mahal ko si Den." Ly just said and looked straight at Bang's eyes.

"Sinong niloloko mo? Ikaw na mismo ang nagsabi sa akin na you're head over heels sa akin. Di ba? Kaya nga pumunta ka dito sa Manila to get me back. Pero you found out na I'm with Ara so you courted Den to get even with her." Bang said.

"Yan ba talaga yung pinaniniwalaan niyo? To tell you the truth, I went here in Manila to see if you're really happy just like what your father tells me. And yeah, I saw it! Nakita ko so I decided to move on. Kaialangan ko lang naman makita na masaya ka bago ako magmove on. Hindi ko naman alam na si Dennise yung ex ni Ara eh. It was just coincident." Alyssa said.

"But, Ly...Ara and I were fake. We're not really together." Bang said.

"I know. I just realized that when Ara told me she still loves Den." Alyssa said.

"So why are you still pursuing Den?" Bang asked.

"Mahal ko nga siya." Alyssa said.

"Hindi kayo bagay." Bang said. That's when Alyssa stood up. She looked down at the smaller girl with anger seen in her eyes.

"Dahil ba mahirap ako at mayaman siya? Kaya ba iniwan mo din ako noon? Kasi mahirap ako? Isa lang akong hamak na trabahador ng ama mo?" Ly asked. Bang stepped backward dahil nagulat siya sa pagtayo ni Ly.

"I-I didn't...I d-didn't mean that. Ly, that's not what I meant."

"Tell Ara to fuck off." Alyssa said. She was about to leave when Bang grabbed her hand. She was forced to face her.

"She won't. Ly, let's start anew? Let's start over?" Bang said and awkwardly smiled.

Agad nmang binawi ni Ly ang kamay niya mula sa pagkakahawak ni Bang.

"What made you think I will agree on that?" Alyssa asked.

"Ara will hurt you, okay? Ibalik mo na si Den sa kanya and you will be hurt less." Bang said.

"Hurt less?"

"Den will leave you, Ly." Bang said.

"Leave? Wag mo siyang igaya sa'yo." Alyssa said.

"Ara will inform Den's dad about the two of you soon. Tingin mo ba pipiliin ka niya over her dad? Tingin mo ba iiwan niya ang pamilya para sa'yo na gaya ng sabi ko kanina, mahirap?" Bang asked. That struck Alyssa's heart. Now, there's doubt in her heart. Kanina lang, she's over confident. Pero may dadating na namang problema.