Chapter 3: Joyful News Amid Relaxation

After the showdown between Tom and Indulal as Hadrian calmed from his mild panic attack about his mate rejecting him due to his unhappiness; Tom seemed more at ease in the days that followed after it knowing that his bond to Hadrian wasn't one that could be broken without damaging repercussions. That Hadrian would always return to his side regardless of his attentions to his courtesans and the children they might bear for them.

In fact, Hadrian secretly smiled to himself as he saw Tom now sitting with Tapan and questioning the Naga with his insatiable curiosity for knowledge. Both of them relaxed and quirking lips at points. Hadrian grinned to himself; of course Tom would find himself more at ease with the Naga than the others...it was almost predictable.

Until he saw Tom raise his brows to his hairline and Tapan smirking with leering yellow eyes at him and then to Hadrian and back again. Hadrian wondered what he had said to promote the response, but didn't inquire. Since he was too busy massaging Proteo with oils to keep his tail-scales healthy and shiny. Tapan having had his done yesterday.

--

Hadrian sat that morning with Tom next to him as the courtesans all joined them for breakfast; he wanted them to all get along as best as possible. So, he made sure that they all sat for at least one of their meals where all of them were gathered together. His situation with Tom was unique and rare; and difficult. So the earned peace that was now forming was hard-won between Tom and the court.

Hadrian then sniffed suddenly and rose a brow as he lifted his head to eye the room; spotting Indulal entering and then stood up as he stopped the older vampire and sniffed again before his fangs pierced his mouth in a bright smile.

Green eyes glittering happily, "Congratulations Indulal; looks like you are going to get your wish." He spoke softly

The room stopped breathing as Hadrian embraced him and nuzzled his neck fondly while his hands ghosted the still flat belly of the older vampire, "You're pregnant." He told him

Indulal's face suddenly became awash in joy as he hugged Hadrian and kissed his neck and Hadrian chuckled before his eyes shined mischievously at Indulal, "And surprises never cease. You're getting two babies; not one.

Twins, Indulal. For the first time in hundreds of years; the vampire royal house for my clan is receiving a gift of multiple births. All because of you..." He kissed his neck softly and breathed his scent as his nose tenderly rubbed the delicate skin

The room stilled; eyes widened as Indulal backed up with shock and eyed him, "For real?" He whispered and Hadrian smiled, "For real." He agreed

He then eyed him, "I asked before, but I shall ask again. Do you want to know their gender?" He asked

Indulal swallowed as he hesitated a moment; but then nodded and Hadrian smiled radiantly, "Girls; both of them, but both are going to be very gifted vampiresses one day. There is no doubt to that; their small scent is already indicative to me of that information." He told him softly as his eyes were gentle and tender

Indulal shook as tears of happiness burst forth and he knelt to the ground; Hadrian immediately guiding his body down and watched him for signs of new distress. He took one of the older vampire's hands and clutched it to his as he laid it to the abdomen of his courtesan and smiled, "I think perhaps; that the High-Mother...that she is blessing you now after having suffered so undeservedly before."

Hadrian then eyed the side, "I will be honest; I did not think you would be pregnant the first time we lied together after allowed to be intimate this way. But, I am happy for you in this. I also am more than happy for myself, but your happiness is more of my concern."