Chapter 5: These Special Moments With All of You

In the days that followed after Hadrian returned to the Palace with his mate and his courtesans; all of the elders and all the nobility truly began to see then what they all quietly suspected that the late Queen Diantha had saw in Hadrian as a small child.

Of what could be.

Hadrian smiled so freely now as he enjoyed the peace of having been home. His eyes conveyed joy and contentment whenever he was spending his days with Tom and the courtesans. He beamed to see Indulal so happy and watch as the male's body began to grow with the little ones inside of him.

He was often found with the elder vampire and rubbing the bulge softly as he allowed him to lean and sit with him. Smelling his scent and purring happily; knowing that Indulal and his daughters were healthy. The rest of the courtesans fiercely happy for them and helping to protect Indulal for Hadrian.

Even the vaunted Dark Lord; famed for his possessiveness, had come to smile and to relax with the new life he was being given. Sometimes found with Indulal when Hadrian was not there; to help him stay calm, since Tom bore Hadrian's mark as mate and his scent.

Yet, Hadrian truly was now seen as the epitome of what a vampire king should be. He was affectionate and caring to his mate and his court; spoilt them all heavily and made sure they never had want of anything. Ensured they all received his attentions equally; even as Indulal's belly grew and he demanded more time.

But then Hadrian was a wall of ice, steel, and more when he had to deal with the lands of his and the rebellion. He now had been to the front six times; the necromancers were getting desperate to kill him.

But Hadrian only returned smirking darkly with gleaming green eyes as he licked blood from his mouth's corner; embracing his mate and Indulal with victory showing. He had finished his initiation rites some weeks ago; now he had control over the dark necromantic powers of his bloodline. He hadn't wasted time to train it; Tom often sitting in the training yard with Indulal in his lap; covered by spells for protection as they both watched and enjoyed seeing him train.

It was more that they both liked to watch his body at work; for Hadrian was art like that, but both also liked to watch and observe because they learned new things this way. Vielyn tended to attend the more intense training; to make sure Hadrian didn't over-exert himself.

Cedric was now also free of the Sex Magic; and surprisingly, he had not been turned. When the older teen had finally woken after the removal and had healed some, Hadrian admitted freely after all this...that it was a relief that Cedric had not been turned for him. While he had entertained the idea of making him a vampire and new courtesan; he now had no need to add more to the court.

Tom was reborn and whole beside of him; his mate was there now, so he was stable. And, with Indulal pregnant...which Cedric had looked to Hadrian with incredulity for as he smirked widely, told him that adding a new courtesan was asking for trouble. Cedric's eyes had been soft to that; even as he teared up and leaned up from the sheets of his guest room bed and he embraced Hadrian in thanks for what he had done.

Then, when they both returned to see if Chang had changed her attitude; both were sorely disappointed. Cedric turned to glare at his former betrothed; who was heavily aroused on the wall behind them just from seeing them and eyeing them almost desperately.

Hadrian had grinned nastily when Cedric told him to do whatever he wanted with her. He didn't care about what happened to her; not after she nearly destroyed him. So, Hadrian gave her a very vindictive smile as he snapped his fingers and told the Shadow-Guard that appeared to unshackle her and bind her magic; to deliver her to Fenrir Greyback as a token of goodwill from his Master and the Vampire King of the Poisoned Fangs clan.