Chapter 38: Home Again

Hadrian stepped past the portal and smiled to be home again; even if his face didn't show it at times, he was happiest when at home in the lands that were his to rule over. Sharing its beauty, bounties, and more with his mate and his courtesans. As the nobles, elders, and all of the common-folk made the place what it was.

Even for all the scheming; Hadrian felt most at ease at home.

Hadrian leaned to kiss Tapan and his mate on their cheeks as the king gently spoke to the Naga and made sure he got his mate to their rooms. To help him settle back in while he then walked to the House of the Lotus as Calistro blearily woke up and smiled to the sights of the new home he had here.

He felt safe; safer than he did even among his old pack.

His eyes hid shadows that Hadrian saw but did not ask after. Calistro knew his brother had done his best to protect him from the older members of the pack; the ones who thought more like their father, and viewed him as a disappointment despite his warrior skills. Those who now smiled to see him gone from them and not, pardon, infecting the clan's reputation with his being their major disappointment.

Though; there were few of them left now, especially after the clan was ambushed before.

Hadrian slowly walked to one of the rooms in the House of the Lotus and eased the door open as Calistro smiled and gasped with wonder while Hadrian's claws caressed his back and he spoke softly, "This is your room now; it has been being made for some time." Hadrian told him softly as Calistro eyed him and the vampire soothingly caressed his back, "Even if you had failed to become a courtesan; the room would have been destructed and rebuilt for the one who did earn the spot.

But I strongly suspected that you would not disappoint me." He grinned

(Royal Concubine and Courtesan Calistro's Room in the House of the Lotus)

Hadrian then went to sit on the sofa before the windows; positioning himself in his favored way, as he also lied Calistro over him and leaned him to his body. The feline were-creature purring with contentment as Hadrian smiled softly and ran his claws to his hair.

"I have the rest of the day to spend with you and to ensure your tethers are fully in place; though we both know that they are tethered fully as of right now. Once I have to resume my normal duties; you will only be called to me if I want you or need you. Or, I will come to you when I receive word of your heat beginning. Whether by the sensations from your adornments or by another of the courtesans discreetly telling me.

Directly after today, however, I desire for you to rest and to be thinking on what full-time occupation you wish to pursue when not at the royal court or with me personally." Hadrian's eyes the glimmered with amusement, "Though I suspect that I already know what job you are going to ask me for."