Chapter 35: Meet and Greet with a Bit of Drama

Hadrian made sure that everything he would need and Tom needed was packed up thoroughly for the trip by his elves that night while Hadrian spent time alone with Tom outside in the palace grounds; walking together, enjoying the lanterns by the pools of water with lotuses and other water-thriving plants. Tom smiled as Hadrian spoke to him of the plans he had for once they arrived; he wouldn't be able to go to the traitor right away. It was customary for him, as a leader, to meet and to greet, with all the other leaders first.

Hadrian knew that the Were-creatures had settled into the islands with more of a desert scenery than much else; though there were a few parts with more greenery and water sources for them. Even so, it was still winter here; and while mild by standard...Hadrian didn't wish to underdress in case of the cold being more potent than he suspected.

Hadrian didn't wish to underdress in case of the cold being more potent than he suspected

(Hadrian's Attire for the Meeting of the Clan Alphas)

While the fabrics were dense; they were in somewhat lighter colors to be breathable if he guessed wrong about the temperatures. Plus, it had woven enchantments to it to help with that as well. Due to the coloration of his attire; Hadrian was forgoing the normal crown he wore and the blood-ruby pendant. In fact, he had no excess jewelry on other than the substituted crown.

It was a bit more overtly feminine than he had liked, but when he had been surveying the treasury; he had noted a distinct lacking of tiaras, circlets, and crowns made with peridot and other lighter green toned stones or gems

Hadrian figured this was because vampires were mostly attracted to red tones; but also tended to favor purples, blues, and black. He supposed that he would need time to remedy this; just so he had more options to play with.

Hadrian then heard the footfalls of his mate and turned to greet him; only to widen his eyes and to stare a moment before he grinned broadly. That was Not the dress that Hadrian expected to see him wearing, but he still liked it none the less.

Tom's red eyed were like beacons of contrast to the very loud and very vibrantly bright green dress. Hadrian saw him flush, "Is it too loud?" He asked softly