Chapter 18: A Necromancer's Path and Death's First Trial Part II

Hadrian was a very silent predator now as he walked slowly down the second passageway; his green eyes hardened and his ears alert. Now knowing that Death was up to something for certainty. The first trial; it wouldn't have physically killed Hadrian, but it could have mentally destroyed him...had he not been stronger, and even so; the trial nearly caused him to have new rounds of personal setbacks that he had not had in years.

His fangs showed as he snarled softly to himself; he still...still felt raw from the last one, and only could guess what the new trial would entail. He had lost all interest in searching the place now for lost lore or relics; he just wanted to get this over with.

He could return later, anyhow.

As he stepped into the second room for the trial; Hadrian noted it was an old dueling room meant for spell practice. Yet, he hissed as he was suddenly blinded once more. The black fog causing him to go unconscious, but not before he felt his back slam rather roughly into a hard surface.

Before he felt ropes tie him down to it.

:Trial Sequence Begins:

Hadrian woke once more in a bleary haze and fought for his consciousness. He then noticed that he was once more depicted as human; only this time...he was his current age. Tied to a gravestone and in familiar place with a familiar bubbling cauldron...

Green eyes shined and widened as he sniffed; then struggled. Frantic to get loose of the damned ropes...

"Wormtail..." His mate's rasping tone echoed, "Calm our guest and make sure he doesn't get loose to escape..."

Hadrian whined, "Mate?" He voiced with a soft tone

The voice was only chuckling; dark and cold, as if  Hadrian's voice was now unfamiliar but not unfamiliar. And Pettigrew walked to him; tightened his binds before he drew a knife and slashed his arm before revealing a vial and took some of his blood.

Hadrian's eyes widened again with fear as the rat went to the cauldron; began a ritual and then used his blood. He watched as the bubbling potion frothed and splashed some before his mate rose up out of the steaming liquid.

But what rose out of it...was not Tom.
That thing was not Hadrian's mate.

More serpentine than his mate and definitely not human looking...the creature of the dark lord ordered himself robed and then took a moment to right himself. He then drew his wand and cast the Dark Mark; where more than several faces robed in black with white masks came and bowed down to him.

All as he sneered.

This creature that had his mate's voice spoke of his trials and his anger. Of his work to return to the world. And then turned his crimson eyes to Hadrian; eyes that now held no love, affection, or devotion.

Only cold hatred and malice.

Boasting that now he could touch Hadrian because the blood protection of his mother; his biological mother Hadrian assumed here, was gone. Then had Hadrian released and brought to the middle of the group before him.

Passed his wand and red eyes gleamed, "Now I will prove that I am superior; that this child's survival...was not more than luck and happenstance."

Hadrian's eyes seemed pained as he grit his teeth, "You both are, but also are not...not my mate." Hadrian hissed as his eyes flared then

The group of Death Eater's all seemed confused by this statement; seeing as Hadrian was not in a vampire body, nor did they seem to recollect that he actually was one. Tom, or his alternate likeness however, smirked at him and red eyes shined malevolently.