Chapter 41: A Family Affair

Hadrian and Indulal decided to walk the town as they made their way towards the old castle of the Nightsong clan; Hadrian wanted to see what sort of condition it was in and how much repair it may need to bring it back to a stunning state and updated for use later on. Indulal wanted to see the castle for himself, and to see if there was anything in the treasury vaults to bring back with them to prove his lineage to the Elders and the Council.

Seeing as Volcanor wasn't traveling back with them right away, and would not be able to speak up for Indulal in this matter. And while blood tests would prove it; the council would also like to have a physical paper acknowledgement of some manner.

The two had been walking for some time; enjoying the picturesque scenery of the place. It's cute and charming houses with very blooming gardens amid the mediterranean sea backdrop. They walked arm-in-arm; Hadrian stating that he'd like to bring his mate here to visit at some point after the birth of their son and once Tom had healed well.

Indulal thought that this was a good idea; though he suggested they wait until their son was a bit older, and then have a little vacation for themselves with their son. Hadrian smiled and admitted that that would be a nice idea.

But, they both started as Damon approached them cautiously. As he eyed them and then hesitated, "I can lead you to the Nightsong castle if that is your designated destination. I know how to...navigate the haunted woods that we'll need to cross to get there.

And...if I may have another moment of your time...there is a matter I would like to speak of with Indulal again. If he allows?" He spoke

Hadrian grit his teeth as his eyes flashed while his arm tightened possessively about his courtesan and his claws showed about the slim hips over the dress; clearly the vampire king was irritated and agitated by Damon's continued presence and persistence.

"And what makes you believe that I could not find my way through these woods with my courtesan safely on my own? I know of the Nightsong; albeit, I had believed of the clan to be lost to the world and dead until now, but I know the history of them and how they operated. I just didn't have the more recent history, as it wasn't written out for anyone to have."

Damon's shoulders sunk in as Hadrian breathed when he saw the blatant show of subservience in Damon's body language to the king's ire; considering Damon himself was a dominant, or so Indulal had said many times before.

"I do not doubt that you would be able to find the castle, sire. It was not my intention to make an insult of your abilities; merely to offer you a guide to the castle."

Indulal eyed Hadrian then; his eyes suspicious of Damons actions. The man had never before ever seemed so meek even when confronted by a dominant that was twice as powerful as he had been, so this smelled of a trap to him.

But he wanted to see where it led.

Hadrian growled a moment; then breathed in and out, as his eyes narrowed on the other dominant.

"I will allow you to guide us there..." He spoke soft, quiet, and ice-cold, "But if you dare to make any sort of advance on Indulal or myself; whether to harm us or otherwise, I will make sure your body is never found ever again." He hissed with venom

Damon  nodded silently in acceptance as he breathed and gestured, "Follow me then; and do be cautious. The woods are...rife with spectral creatures; some that are not too friendly to those who walk the woods."

Hadrian and Indulal inclined; but said nothing. The silence as they walked was as equally uncomfortable as it was comfortable.

Indulal then eyed Damon and kept his face cool, "You said you had something you wished to ask me? Something that you didn't get to ask, I assume, before Volcanor bade you to leave his house in order to talk to Hadrian and I?"