Chapter 39: Princess of the Withered Forests

The next few months of time were relatively peaceful and calm for the new vampire territory; the vampires left from the rebellion and the three clans...they now had a system in place for disputes so no violence that arose disrupted the new monarchy and would cause it immense amounts of trouble. The visiting emissaries or dignitaries from the Ministry of Magic had left their homeland to return to the human lands in Britain, and Hadrian had already received the first news articles from the human lands that had now set their world practically on fire with the stories.

Those stories had caused a lot of witches and wizards to begin to see the magical races differently. Many of them wanted to travel to their new realm now to see it for itself and to see the truths of the articles. Many upon many new and radical changes were now beginning to form from the varying departments in the Ministry of Magic; to help the witches and the wizards to try to make amends to their former allies in the humanoid magical races.

And, Hadrian was very pleased to note; that people like Dolores Umbridge were now not allowed to work anywhere near these departments. The purebloods left over from Tom's Inner Circle that could be seen publicly...they showed a unity of acceptance and to push for these changes, which confused the hell out of the members of the Ministry that were in the Order.

But the stories of Hadrian, his mate, his ever growing harem of courtesans, and his growing family; those stories were truly what was making waves among the humans. It seemed that they were more interested to see the pictures from his new homeland, the places they went, and their castle more than about the news to the new laws.

The stories and pictures of the twins and his courtesans or his mate; whom was now revealed to them all for exactly whom he was; those stories had caused quite a fuss from what he was told. Many witches and wizards were not happy that Lord Voldemort was walking free without punishment or consequences for his wars. That his former compatriots in the Death Eaters were not being hunted and sentenced.

However, Hadrian and Tom were very pleased and surprised by Fudge's handling of the matters. Cornelius basically told the wizarding world that to arrest, try, and prosecute Lord Voldemort or his former comrades, since Hadrian was in contact with many of them still as was the Dark Lord; the Ministry would have to destroy any semblance of peace they had now with the vampires...they would risk igniting a war against Hadrian Peverell-Costeau.

King of the Vampires and the Ruler of the Liquid-Blood Throne. The Overlord of the Crimson Underworld, and the Favored of Mother Magic.

And waging war with Hadrian also brought brought the wrath of the vampire nation to their doorstep. It brought all their allies to them and geared to fight them. Among those allies; was Pack Greyback, which meant the first unified front from the were-creatures and the vampires, in more than several hundred years.

It meant angering the Sea Merpeople and bringing the intense storms and turbulent seas to their shores. It meant drawing the Elves to fight them and the Drow, the Fae, and the Veela. For Hadrian was ally to all these factions; he had the numbers to drown them in blood and bury them all if he was inclined.

And, after their failure to protect him as a child; Hadrian Costeau had every reason to logically be able to do such an action.

The release of that information had very quickly stalled and quelled the protests of bringing Tom and or his former allies to be tried and sentenced.

Hadrian smiled slightly as his eyes gave way to concern; his mate was sequestered in their rooms and being forced to rest.

Tom had a very nearly bad fall earlier this morning; and he was now five months along, so he could begin to birth at any time. Such falls to him now could be disastrous and lethal. Saka was due at any time now; the little princess was just taking her time in when she wanted to show herself.