24.1

A bruise on his cheek and a cut on his lips. That's what Saint got after I managed to get some sense into him and pull him away from David. If I had been frozen in place any longer because of the shock, Brendan, Tony, and Moises would've joined and Saint would get more than that.

I pulled him away from there as soon as I got back to my senses. There were already a few people watching and I did not wait for more people to come. That would be bad for Saint.

"Are you alright?" I asked when we got to a secluded alleyway, facing him.

"Great," he answered nonchalantly.

I observed his face, my eyes stopping on his bleeding lips. "Your lips have a cut."

"A kiss can make it better." He raised his brows repeatedly, grinning at me.

I looked at him with all seriousness. "This isn't funny, Saint."

His grin stayed for a moment. He stared at me and slowly, he sighed. "I know."

"Why did you do that?"

"Do I have to enumerate what he has done to you? And beside, sumosobra na siya sa mga sinabi niya," irritation was evident in his last sentence, emphasizing on it.

"You don't need to get in a fight with him because of that."

"I just lost my temper. He deserves it anyway."

"You got hurt because of it."

"Ayos lang 'to. I got more punches on him."

"Saint..." My voice was warning him but he just shook his head.

"Vy, I know you're the kind of person who would take disrespect and be silent about it to avoid a fight and anyone's attention but I'm not." He held my shoulders, lowering his face to my eye-level. "He went overboard. I know punching him isn't the right option but that's all I can do at that moment. Isa pa, that's what he does to you. So deserve niya lang yun."

I took in all honesty in his eyes. His gentle eyes that have never once looked at me the way most people do. A mellow gaze, one that touches my heart.

He did that for me. He fought David for me when all I did was let him hurt me all the time. It's all my—

"Hey, I know what you're thinking. This is not your fault," he cut my thoughts off as if he can read it. "I wanted to hurt him the way he did to you. That's on me."

"But—"

"It's on me," he pressed.

Locking our gazes, I let out a breath. "Okay."