Chapter 25

Teagan

The knot in my stomach tightens as I think about what Faith told me on New Year's Eve – that Grayson might be my son. She's 99.9% sure, but there's always that .1% chance that Grayson's father is that dumbass of an ex-husband. The uncertainty gnaws at me, making it hard to focus on anything else.

Faith and I were both underage when we had sex and when she gave birth to Grayson. I feel a pang of guilt for not remembering the first time Faith and I slept together. The alcohol-induced haze has blurred that memory for both of us, but it doesn't make it any less significant. The possibility suddenly felt real when we joked about Grayson being mine the other day.

I can't help but hope that Grayson really is my son. I've been there for every milestone of his life, and I can't imagine life without him. I know it pains Faith to think she made me a father at fifteen, but she didn't know any better. She believed Grayson was George's son, and she was only seventeen when we slept together. I'm about to turn nineteen, and I'm set on not being a deadbeat dad like George, whether Grayson is mine or not.

Many people are unaware of the twins' ages, as they remain tight-lipped about it for legal reasons. At only twenty years old, it seems improbable for them to own a club. However, their family's extensive connections have made it possible. Their grandfather, Alexandria, purchased the club where she had worked during college and generously gifted it to the twins. With the assistance of their father Rayden's construction company, the twins renovate the club and transform it to make it their own.

"Teagannnn," a hand waving in my face pulls me from my thoughts. Mommy Addy chuckles and takes a bite of fruit.

"Sorry, Mom," I mumble, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"You're fine. What's on your mind?" Grayson stands by her side, fussing for a piece of strawberry. I can't help but smile because Mom never shares food with anyone except for her Mommy Elliot and Aunty Rayden. Not even with us as kids. But she always took our food whenever she got a chance.

With Grayson, though, she gives him whatever he wants. She spoils him more than she ever spoiled us. I know, in a way, she feels like he's her grandson, even before I knew there was a chance he could be mine. They knew I loved Faith, even if I didn't say it out loud. My body language towards her said it all, and Grayson is as attached to me as I am to him.

"Nothing, really," I finally answer her. He reaches up for the red fruit and gives her a cheeky smile before walking over to me. His hands make a grabbing gesture, and I put my bacon down, wiping my hands and picking him up. He happily munches on the strawberry and picks at other foods on my plate. I kiss his cheek and keep eating my breakfast, waiting for Faith to return with the results.

"That's cute," she comments, and I smirk at her.

"What, Mom?"

"You two."

"Tea....gannnn," Grayson yells.

"What's up, buddy?" I ask as he steals a piece of scrambled egg off my fork and stuffs it into his mouth.

"Mama?" he asks between bites. I gently brush his unruly red curls aside.

"She'll be here soon, okay?" He nods his head, understanding what I mean. "I need to braid your hair. It's a mess, little man." He nods again, but I know he doesn't really get what I'm saying this time. He hates getting his hair done, and his hair is just like mine – ginger, curly, and hard to manage. That's why I know how to handle it. What I don't know is how I didn't connect the dots before that he might have been my son.

After finishing my breakfast, I put Grayson down on the floor to play before he gets cranky about me braiding his hair. I clear the plates and wash the dishes, earning a grateful "Thank you!" from my mom.