Chapter 30

Rayden

"Fuck Ray," she sighs with frustration as I lie on my back, and she straddles my hips. I light up another blunt, taking a drag while feeling her move rhythmically above me. "You feel amazing, but you're not doing much to help me get there."

I chuckle, griping the crease between her thigh and hip, and place the blunt end between my lips. "That's because I love watching you do all the work, woman."

"Yea... well... I'll hop right off this dick if you don't put in any work." She smacks my left tittie with her breathing staggered and exhausted. I choke on the inhaled smoke and laugh at her. I grind into her from under and bring us both to an end quicker than she expected.

Quickies are quite the thing these days after having three kids and a grandson. We get what we can in the hopes they won't just turn up at our house.

She lies naked next to me and cheekily snatches the blunt. I don't mind - there's more where that came from. I turn on my side, already high, watching her body intently. "You're beautiful" She grins and rolls towards me, handing the blunt back.

"And you're baked," She adds with a chuckle. I lie back down; my gaze fixed on the slowly rotating ceiling fan. It seems to be moving incredibly... slowly... almost hypnotically. I feel as though I'm spinning along with it, even though I know I'm actually lying still.

"High as a cloud," I whisper, and she chuckles before mirroring my position, lying back down as well. It's fascinating how our actions have become so in sync over time, but that's what happens when you've been with someone for so long.

She sighs and raises her hands above her, moving them gently as if they were leaves swaying in the breeze. "Baby?" she calls softly, catching my attention as I continue to watch the fan.

Her voice brings me back to the present, and I shift my focus to her. "Hmmm?"I lick my lips, taking a hit and passing it.

"Do you ever think of baby Junie?" The weight of her question is noticeable, and I can sense the pain it carries. I know she's been thinking about Junie lately, especially after her conversation with Faith the other day about pregnancy cravings.

"Every day, Love."

"Do you think she's watching down on us?" I smile and gently pull her on top of me. She relaxes against my chest, and I put the blunt out.

Whenever Junie comes up in conversation, I make a point to be present and fully engaged in the discussion. The loss of our child is a wound that never truly heals, but I understand that losing someone is a natural part of life and happens to everyone eventually.

I help her sit up, and she pulls her knees to her chest. Her brown eyes meet mine, and I can't resist leaning in to kiss her soft lips.

I lean over to grab Liv's journal she's had since we were younger. Everything we have of baby Junie is in here.

"Okay... Let's do this," I say, trying to shake off the nerves. She offers me a gentle, understanding smile as we both mentally prepare for the conversation we're about to have

"Age?"

She thinks for a second doing the calculation. "26."

"Okay, close your eyes" She perks up and closes them, and I do the same. "Hair color?"

"Blonde like yours. Long. Curly. No no. Wavy like mine."

"Eyes?"

"Shaped like mine but blue to match her daddy's. Short eyelashes. Full though. Eyebrows perfectly arched."