Chapter 37

Faith

"Grayson, listen to Mommy and get your dirty butt into the tub," Teagan shouts across the house as she gets their clothes ready for the night.

"Noooo, Daddy," Grayson yells in return as he sprints through the house with no clothes on.

Meanwhile, I hold the baby's head as she eats from my breast. Grayson dashes across the room and leaps onto the bed, giggling maniacally. He gives me sweet eyes, batting those lashes and grinning so cheesily. I shake my head, knowing what he wants, and his smile fades.

He huffs as he crosses his small arms across his
chest, looking down at his baby sister. "Please, Mommy!" he whispers, and I sigh, giving in to his adorable pouting.

I draw him a little closer and undress my other breast for him. He grins and takes my milk. My breast is swollen, so I don't mind him taking it; pumping hurts just as bad. But you get used to it.

Looking down at my children, I notice Grayson rubbing his sister's cheek. Like their father, he is awestruck by her.

I wasn't expecting a girl, but I adore her. Her eyes are blue as the sky, her skin shaded a light honey, and her hair is a bright curly auburn.

She resembles Grayson, with the exception of their eyes. She's a plump baby with the most gorgeous rolls.

Teagan returns from the closet and places the clothing and diaper on the bathroom counter. She switches off the water and stands at the doorway, resting against the frame. Her expression says it all.

"Grayson," she says, sternly looking at him. He shakes his head, pulling my nipple with him, and I wince. "What did I tell you?" she asks him, and he slowly moves away with milk dripping from his lips. His tiny wrist wipes the liquid and pouts once more.

"You says only big boy milks," he says angrily, crossing his arms.

"So, what are you doing?"

"But sissy gets milkies," he whines cutely.

Teagan smirks and turns her head so he doesn't see that she's falling for his charm. She points her finger at me. "I told you this would happen if you gave in."

I gently push Grayson forward. "Go take a bath, baby."

"Sissy coming?" he asks, crawling down from the bed. He's not tall enough to reach the floor just yet. His feet dangle for a minute before Teagan picks him up and tosses him over her shoulders.

"Is she ready?" She asks excitedly. Without a doubt, this is her child. She is always thrilled to spend daddy-daughter time. Even if Gabriella won't remember anything because she's too young, Teagan will remember everything.

I look down at the baby, and her head is tilted back, looking milk drunk. She went to sleep so peacefully from Grayson rubbing her cheek. Though she loves baths, I almost don't want to wake her.

Unlike Grayson, who used to scream and shout every time we placed him in the water, Gabby simply gives us bright eyes before slowly drifting off to sleep in the warm water.

I nod and raise the newborn for Teagan to grasp. As Grayson is lowered onto her hip, Gabriella is held in her other arm. Taking a second to look at the sleeping baby, she smiles before walking away.

I toss the sheet off me, intending to help her. "No, Mama, you're good. Daddy's got bath time tonight," I smile at her and cover myself back up. I can see them from here, which is good enough for me.

She had class today, so I took care of the kids. She wanted to take time off when Gabby was born, but she needs to finish trade school to work for my father's company. So, she seizes any opportunity to return home and be with them. She has a soft spot for little moments like these.