Epilogue (Part 2)

Faith

"Gili baby, mommy just got her dress on," I say as I pick up my fussy baby and gently rock him.

"Mommy, can you unhook my dress for a second?"

"Faith, we just got you in," she protests.

"Yes, I know, but Gillian is hungry, and I don't want him fussing throughout the entire ceremony."

Gillian is our newborn. I gave birth to him six months ago, so he is still fresh to this world. He still has that new baby smell, with big brown eyes and dark, wavey hair, unlike my first two children. It's as if my genes were finally coming through.

Teagan eventually had a vasectomy. Initially, I didn't want her to, but this little one was again unplanned. We never use condoms during sex, and her pull-out game is impressive, but sometimes her little swimmers are fast, and my eggs crumble under their pressure.

My children mean everything to me: Grayson is now eight years old, Gabriella is five, and I finally have my baby Gili. My sister always teases me, saying he's got a stripper nickname. But listen, if that's what he wants to be when he grows up, who am I to stop him?

I glance down at his adorable chubby cheeks as he drinks my milk. "You finally got one that looks like you," my mom says, staring at him just as in awe.

She gently slicks his hair to the side and adjusts his cream-colored infant suit that matches his daddy's and brothers.

"Yeah... it only took seven years," I respond, half-joking.

She chuckles, standing up and moving behind me. "Yes, Teagan's genes are very strong."

I smile, looking down at Gillian. "I'm just glad they're hers."

My mom glances at me in the mirror as she fixes my veil. "You look beautiful," she says, kissing the top of my head.

Gili's mouth finally unlatches, and his head falls back, fast asleep. Iris quickly comes over to take him from me. She's completely unfazed by my exposed breast, having seen far more than this.

Iris has become my best friend besides Teagan and my sister. A few years ago, the four of us bought land and built two homes on it for our families. We wanted our children to grow up together, and our condos were too far apart to make that happen.

I stand up as my mother pins my dress back up. When she's done, she retrieves my sleeping baby and walks to the door with him.

I glance back at Iris in her stunning wedding dress; it has a sweetheart neckline, and a flowing A-line skirt with lace trim. The capped sleeves, illusion V-back, and sweep train completes the beautiful appearance, making her an absolutely captivating bride-to-be.

"I'll give you two a minute, but it's almost time. Daddy and I will meet you out there," Mom says. We both sigh deeply and nod.

Iris's parents aren't here to walk her down the aisle, one reason being because they live nearly 3000 miles away, but also because they disagree with her choices.

They are homophobic and refuse to see her children or even meet Hope. It affected her a lot in the beginning. She was angry and sad, wanting her children to know their grandparents. However, she soon realized that if they couldn't accept her, she wouldn't subject her children to their judgment.

My parents and family treat Iris as their own, and she gratefully accepts their love.

She grabs my hands, shaking hard. I smirk at her, "Calm down, Iris."

"This is me, calm!" she whines, looking around frantically. "All these people are going to be looking at me."

"And you look beautiful," I reassure her. Her eyes meet mine, and her expression softens.