*~Chapter 6~*

It had been a few hours since then. It must have been late afternoon, maybe half-past 3 to 4 o'clock. Of course, that was a guess. It wasn't like there was a clock in here. You were bored out of your mind. That was until you heard an unexpected yet familiar voice, which made you look up.

"No! My weak nerd arms!"

I came from further down the row of many, many cells, where there were, you know, actually other prisoners. A few moments passed and you saw her walk by your cell. Luz. Yes, Luz as in, Luz Noceda, protagonist of the Owl House. As she was walking past, you saw her glance at you, and she did a double take, before stopping with a gasp.

"You're human...!"

You stood up, and walked over to the bars of your cell.

"You're a human.. in the Boiling Isles. Like me! But, why are you in here?"

"Well..." you started. "Because I'm human. They want answers that I don't have."

"Hmm... Hang on, I'll get you out of here." She then proceeded to try and push up the lever next to your cell.

"W-what are you doing?"

She didn't answer, continuing to push the lever, not getting anywhere.

"Hey... Uh, you- You don't have to..."

"I'm... trying... to... get... you—" She let out a yelp as she slipped to the floor. "...out of there."

You let out a sigh. "You don't... You don't have to do that. Look, you should... You should just go." You looked away from her. "Don't worry about me. Just- leave and forget about me.
That's what everyone else does." You muttered the last part.

Her expression seemed to fall, and you turned around and walked to the back wall. You refused to turn around and look at her; you didn't want to. You knew that being unable to help someone in need would make her upset, and you really didn't want to see that. You waited until you heard her slow footsteps fading before sighing and leaning forward, your hand holding your weight against the wall.

It wasn't that you didn't want to get out of here.
Of course you wanted to get out of here.
You just didn't want to feel like a burden. You didn't want to rink making Luz's and everyone else living in the owl house's lives more difficult just by being there. You would much rather be here, being asked the same boring questions, day in and day out.

Although, it did cross your mind...

Would you regret not going with her?

A few days had passed since then. At least, now you had a bit of an idea of about where in the show's timeline you were. It was probably about halfway between the second episode, Witches Before Wizards, and the third episode, I Was a Teenage Abomination. But there was no way to know for sure, you just had to make an educated guess. Either way, it didn't really matter. You were still stuck here.

Oh yeah, and about those dreams? They started happening more and more often — they happened pretty much every single night now — and more realistic. Occasionally you'd wake up with tears in your eyes. They were always different, and yet they all had one thing in common: that wolf. It was massive, with intimidating amber eyes. And for some reason, it was never more than a silhouette. All you wanted right now was to be able to have a break from these night terrors, to be able to wake up without having to catch your breath, or dry your tears.

You let out a long, exhausted sigh.

'How much longer of this?'

(April 26 2023)