Chapter Forty-Seven

^^Art by dazaisfavwife ^^

vv Requested vv

The grand feast definitely lived up to expectations

The grand feast definitely lived up to expectations. There were hundreds of villagers bouncing around the castle. Dirty little kids were hiding under the covered tables and sticking their grubby hands in the desserts. The younger boys of the village were sneakily stealing beer and wine into random glass bottles, which in all reality, they wouldn't even get punished for doing. Peasant girls were giggling and parading around like royalty, pretending they were among royal folk and talking about the palace and the kingdom as if it were their personal affairs. King Kyle was hardly bothered by any of this, though. His cooks were bringing out new trays of food to replace the devoured ones every half an hour. Guards stood by at the stair and entry ways that he preferred none of his villagers wander into. His band of musicians played fun, energetic, yet classy music that entertained all of his unruly guests. He simply enjoyed watching his people have fun and have no dreaded fear of his authority over them all. Everyone felt welcome and safe in his palace, and it was rare for so many villagers to be staying there all at once, unless the village was being severely attacked, or a horrible blizzard washed over the kingdom. It was a very special occasion for everyone.

The royal members all sat along a huge table on an elevated stone platform for the majority of the party. Y/n did see Pip and Damien, but they were sat at the very end of the table, and they actually disappeared pretty early on during the meal. Y/n recognized a lot of people around the table, including Ike from afar, but she felt like she couldn't talk to any of them. King Kyle occasionally greeted people from within the crowd and received their praises. Princess Kenny and the Dark Knight, Y/n, even got to sit next to each other as everyone wined and dined. The entire ballroom was constantly buzzing with chatter and the clinking silverware. Many of the villagers ate their meals and desserts on the edges of the dance floor, simply sitting on the ground or the decorative ledges, which nobody seemed to mind. Some of the kingdom's children, and even some adults, were trying complex dishes like cake and candy for the very first time, all completely on the King's dime.

"Why don't we get to dance?" Y/n asked the princess, nudging her elbow into her shoulder after watching couples spin around and smile at each other out on the dance floor in their tailored suits and fluttering dresses.

"We will at our wedding party tomorrow. This is pretty much just 'part one' of the grand meal, since you got here. The celebration will continue tomorrow, and we'll legally be allowed to do all of those things. Right now... it's like King Kyle said... we're trying to maintain an image... so we save all of the lovey-dovey stuff for tomorrow. Tonight is all about sitting here and looking pretty and presentable." Princess Kenny shrugged as she explained.