Chapter Thirty-Six

The boys couldn't believe it when they saw Kenny walking out of the house with Kelli around his bloody shoulder.

"Dude?! What are you doing?" Kyle questioned, catching him in the hallway just before they walked outside.

"Did you find the Crusader?" Damien questioned, teleporting beside him.

"Yeah, but..." Kenny sighed.

"What? Where is he??" Stan pushed them out of his way.

"Guys... I'm not sure I can do this anymore..." He sighed tiredly.

"Kenny, what the hell are you talking about?" Token asked him softly.

"Fighting SC... Its fucking with me, and I'm tired of getting beat up to shit and not getting anywhere..." He explained.

"But we're so close!! Didn't you take off their mask?" Kyle questioned, and suddenly Kenny was pissed.

"NO KYLE, I didn't take off the fucking mask." He lashed out.

"O-okay!! Jesus Kenny, what the fuck is wrong with you??" Kyle asked.

"Dude... I'm just... done..." Kenny told them looking at the ground. It went silent between them all for a long time.

"Guys... Cartman's running for president... We were so caught up in the Crusaders bullshit that we barely paid attention to him..." Kyle pointed out.

"Holy shit dude..." Stan pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Well what do we do now? Do we give up on catching the Crusader?" Craig asked. Everyone looked around at each other. A very serious atmosphere filled the air.

"No way!!" Danny growled, "I'm not gonna give up! I'm not giving up until I kill that son of a-" Damien smacked the back of his head with a fiery hand.

"Really though...? After all that effort in trying to figure out who they are? We're just... giving up?" Kyle's voice quivered subtly as his eyes scanned the ground.

"Honestly... w-why did we want to figure it out so much...?" Tweek asked, crossing his arms.

"I think deep down.... We all kinda feel like we know who the Crusader is... But the truth is we don't. And if they were really important enough to know who they were, they would've showed us by now." Kenny said.

"What could possibly be keeping them from telling us? It can't be because of Cartman- Maybe there's a bigger threat behind all of this...?" Kyle suggested, looking around, waiting for someone to confirm his theory. No one answered him.

"I don't know. But one thing's for sure... I'm tired of thinking about it..." Kenny declared. And with that he walked Kelli outside. Damien picked Pip up bridal style. He let him sleep away the pain of his legs, but they were already almost finished healing. Craig slapped Clyde a few times until he dizzily woke up and they helped him to his feet. They quietly trailed Kenny out of the house.

"I can't believe I'm doing this..." Cartman stared up at the Tenorman's house. The home of his dead biological father that he fed to his half brother at a chili cook off. The house looked like it was falling apart. The paint was moldy and the foundation was rotting. The windows are boarded up and plants and vines were growing between cracks and cuts.

He hesitantly knocked on the door and waited for almost two minutes before he pounded on it again.

"HELLO?? SCOTT TENORMAN!!!" He screamed.

"WHO'S THERE!!?? THIS IS PRIVATE PROPERTY-" Scott came out aiming a shot gun in Cartman's face. But the look that came over him when he saw his half brother standing in front of his own house, sent shivers down Cartman's spine.