Chapter Two

I sighed, walking on the edge of town until I finally passed the school. I stared at it for a while. Then I started following a little trail to a place called Starks Pond. I sat down with my bag. I had barely gone far around this tiny line of buildings, but I was already exhausted, and missing the bus. But it was quiet here. All of the other kids were at school. I ate my cereal in peace until I was full. Then I just sat there for a while, staring at the water. Thinking about my sister. My parents. The fire. I had to forget about it. Distract myself, maybe.

"Are you sure he didn't follow us?" I heard a voice coming near the area.

"Yes dude, I'm sure. Craig and Token's decoy lead him off perfectly! Now where'd you leave the map?" Stan whispered back, pulling his red poof-ball hat over his red, chilly ears. I rolled my eyes. These dudes again. Yet, I kind of wanted to join in on their conversations. After all... I had exactly what they were searching for. I stood up, catching their attention.

"Hey... it's her..." I saw Kyle whisper to his friend, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Hello there," I nodded to them, squinting slightly at their faces, "Why aren't you chumps at school?"

"Duh. We're ditching. What're you doing here?" Stan questioned. I looked around with a shrug, before huffing.

"Small town." I said. He smiled a bit.

"Hey, this is serious, Stan! Cartman's been talking about you at school. Everyone thinks you're hiding something." Kyle pointed at me.

Maybe if what that guy said, Al Gore, was true about the secrets of the Pringles getting in the wrong hands, I ought to see if I could trust these kids. Although, they were a lot like me in certain ways. The only other people I would be up against with the Pringles, would be the adults of town. This was getting far too interesting. I had to play along.

"I told you. I don't know how I got into town. I was on my way to California when some guy on the bus woke me up and dropped me off in this dump on the side of the interstate." I shrugged again. It was the truth after all.

"Well, someone stole the new Pringles flavor... And we think we know who it was." Kyle said.

"...You do?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"The police have already searched everybody who has a house in town. They say they can't find anyone crazy enough to get away with it." Kyle said.

Al Gore sure was crazy enough. Maybe me and him had more in common than I realized.

"What makes you think it was me?" I asked him.

"N-nothing! We don't! That's what I've been trying to tell Cartman!" Kyle exclaimed. I narrowed my eyes, examining them both again, face to face. Kyle was a lot more pale than Stan. Kyle had bright green eyes, that were captivating to me. And Stan's eyes a darker shade of blue.

"Well... I did see that you needed help. Why do you want the Pringles anyway?" I asked.

"Well... Al Gore snuck into all of our houses and told us about how man-bear-pig would soon be returning and all that junk." Kyle said. I blinked at him.

"Yeah... He held a flashlight up to his face and everything. It was weird, dude." Stan mentioned.

"Okay, this is going to sound crazy... But five years ago man-bear-pig attacked South Park because of a deal the old folks made with the devil. He started killing everyone- and the only way he would leave was if everyone gave up Red Dead Redemption Two or something..." Kyle explained.

"Anyway, now there's like a second proficy we're trying to figure out. But we know it has everything to do with the Pringles flavor. We think whoever tries it first has dibbs on the whole can." Stan said.