Chapter Thirteen

I woke up to light whispering. It was dark, and cold. My loft was still bombarded with blankets, but nobody was in it except for me. And that's when I felt it again. That sharp, draining pain that made me feel helpless and alone. This is how I felt running away from home. I thought I might've forgotten what it felt like.

"...Kenny...." I whispered. He wasn't there. I started to feel tears running down my face when my brain kept telling me he was gone forever. Just like my sister.

"Y/n. You're awake." Stan put a hand on my shoulder, making me look at him. Kyle's eyes were all glassy and full of guilt.

"Y/n.... I'm so sorry.... I just-"

"Save it." I turned away from the two.

"Just leave me alone." I gasped, squeezing my eyes closed. Stan looked at Kyle. He knew there was nothing they could do.

"Kenny was our friend too..." Kyle choked up, "And... So we know how you feel. No one could've seen it coming... it wasn't fair. And you should be thankful.... because he loved being with you more than any of us before he died."

"I-Is she awake, fellers??" Butter's burst through the door.

"Shut up, Butters!! They say loud noises are bad for head trauma." Stan whisper yelled.

"Oh- sorry... wh- hey Y/n!" He ran up to the bed.

"Butters...." I greeted him, not bothering to turn around.

"Y/n.... you know, you helped a lot of people today." Kyle said.

"Yeah. After man-bear-pig blew apart the girl's got you patched up, and... well we patched things up with them too. I'm with Wendy again, we all had a huge celebration!" Stan smiled.

"Yeah, dude! Everyone's so happy now, it was the most kick-ass Valentine's day ever!!" Kyle exclaimed, "And our parents got better, and the we threw away the Pringles, and Cartman was grounded for two weeks, just because he tried to kill you, because his mom really likes you for some reason." Kyle said.

"Awesome..." I responded weakly. They went dead silent as they realized they weren't really helping at all.

"Wh- I'm awful sorry about what happened... But hey... wh- now that Kenny's dead uh... you wanna be my girlfriend again?" Butters smiled. I turned and looked at that goofy smile. Normally I thought it looked pretty adorable. But now it was just fucked up. I wanted to pop him in the mouth, knock him off of the loft. But I just started crying. He frowned at me.

"O-or... maybe not... right now..." Butters said, backing away.

"Y/n, it's okay! I need you to know that you shouldn't blame yourself... Kenny was trying to save you, he was trying to-"

"LEAVE. ME. ALONE." I screamed as I sat up. They all stared at me, totally shook.

"Yes ma'am." Butter's said, and they all finally left. I laid back down and sobbed to myself for an hour.

The rest of the night I spent staring at my ceiling. My eye lids slowly crept over my drying eyes now and then. My stuffy nose kept the breathing part of being alive, pretty difficult. I didn't really feel alive anymore. I was tossing and turning. Occasionally breaking into random fits of tears whenever I thought too deeply about my life.

Before long, I was watching the room get brighter through the cracks in the wood. I was exhausted, but I wasn't sleeping. I was something. And there was nothing I wanted more than to get up and leave this stink town. I never wanted to look back.

But my plans to get up and start packing were cut short when a bright, smiling face bursts through the doors. Karen giggled as she crawled up the loft.