Amethyst

Tokyo
A store
Kenzo POV

Sister: Yeay!! Thanks, Kenzo! I love you!

Me: Hmph.

I huffed while smiling and shook my head.

My name is Takahashi Kenzo and the girl is my sister, Takahashi Hina. We were walking back home from school but Hina wanted to stop by a merchandises store.

Me: Come on, let's go back home.

Hina: Okay!

She said while smiling ears to ears. Well, of course she would. I just helped her to buy a merchandise of her favorite idol by paying half of it.

We started walking away from the store.

Me: Seriously, Hina. Why are you so crazy about this "Ai" girl?

Hina: You will know once you watch one of his MVs.

Me: I'm not buying that excuse again.

Hina: Hmph, whatever! You'll never understand me.

Me: Watch your tone. Don't forget who paid half of that ridiculously overpriced merchandise.

Hina: It is called merchandise for a reason, dummy. I want to be like Ai-san when I grow up.

Me:*sighs* Whatever. Just don't let dad see that. He won't be happy if he found out we use our savings for this kind of thing.

Hina: If only mom is still with us...

I karate chop her head.

Me: We don't talk about this, remember?

Hina: Right...

Our family was once a happy one. However, it changed after our mom's death. Our dad started taking alcohol and was fired from his job. To keep us alive, I work as a barista at a local cafe. A harsh life indeed but we just have to continue on living.

Then, my phone buzzed. I took it out and read the message I just received.

Me:*sighs* Sorry, Hina. I have to go to work now. They're short-handed right now.

I took out some money and gave it to Hina.

Me: Take this and get a taxi and return home.

Hina: But...

Me:*smiles* Don't worry. I'll walk home after my shift ended.

She hesitated to take the money but after being pursued by me, she took the money.

Hina: I'll prepare a proper dinner when you return.

Me: That sounds nice. Have a good trip home.

Hina: Good luck at work.

After bidding farewell, we went our separate ways.

Timeskip
6:45 a.m.
Kenzo POV

Me: What a rough day.

I said and let out a sigh while walking home. The customers just wouldn't stopped coming.

After a few minutes of walking, I finally arrived at my house.

Me: I'm ho-

I didn't finish my sentence as I noticed that the door was completely closed.

Me: The heck?

I opened the door and walked in.

Me: Anybody's home?

No answer.

Me: Hina? Dad?

No answer.

Then, I started to walk to the kitchen. When I entered the kitchen, my eyes went wide.