My Star

The Same Day
Ame POV

Me: Ai- Akane...?

Akane: What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Me: It's... Nothing...

Mem-Cho: Akane, welcome back!

Akane: Thanks for waiting for me, guys!

Sumi: Let's have fun again!

She said and high five with Akane. Aqua and I exchanged confused look.

Aqua: She... Is still Akane... Right?

Me: I don't know anymore...

Kumano: I get where does that come from, Amkun. I mean, I'm glad that she looks better but... Isn't this a bit too soon?

Akane:*smiles* Eh, what do you mean?

Everyone just stared at her without saying anything.

Kumano: Right... About that...

Akane: Ah~ You mean cus I was like getting super flamed! Maybe you're talking about that? I thought, "Oops, now I've really done it", but that sort of thing happens all the time! I'm totes okay! Hahaha!

Sumi: Akane, something about you seems to have changed...

Akane: Hmm, maybe a little?

She then closed the gap between her and Sumi.

Akane:*smiles* Yuki, do you dislikes me like this?

Sumi just shook her head and Akane responded with a smile. The latter then approached me.

Akane: Ame, let's hang out together today!

I stared at her face for a few seconds before answering.

Me: Sure.

She winked at me and dragged me to a classroom.

In an instant, everyone was swept along. The cast. The staff. Even the cameraman. A strange charm that drew people's gazes. It's as if she possessed that same charisma that once lived in Ai.

Akane: I heard that you spent several all-nighters to make that video for me. Thank you, Ame.

Me: Aqua helped too, actually.

Akane:*smiles* Give my thanks to him, then. Right now, it's only time for the two of us.

Me:... Okay.

I took a seat at an empty seat and started thinking. Ai- I mean Akane was standing near me. As I was thinking, Mem-Cho and Sumi approached us.

Mem-Cho: Hey, Amkun! Can you get that pouch for me?

Me: Sorry, I'm thinking about something right now. Have someone else to get it for you or get it yourself.

Akane: I'm sure you could do it. Take it over to them.

Me: Okay.