Competitive

The Same Night
Our van
Ame POV

Memcho: And here comes out star for tonight.

I just chuckled as I approached them.

Ruby: Hmm? Where's Hina-nee?

Me: She went to the restroom.

Akane:*smiles* Good work out there, Ame.

Me:*smiles* Thanks.

I looked around searching for someone.

Me: Where's Aqua?

Arima: He's in the van already.

Me: I see. Akane, can we talk?

Akane: Sure.

Me: I'll be right back.

Miyako: Right.

Akane and I walked away from them.

Me: So, did he contact you?

Akane: You mean Kaburagi-san? Yeah, looks like we're playing theater next. With Aqua too, it seems.

Lalalie Theatrical Company. Our father might be one of their alumni. Aqua would be more delighted to join this play.

Akane: I was offered the role of "Sayahime." And Aqua was offered the character "Touki."

Me: They are a potential couple in the series.

Akane: Yeah. As for your character, "Tsune", is a kitsune who's the best friend of Touki, right?

Me: Yep.

Akane: I guess it's a shame we can't play as a couple this time.

Me: Yeah... Well, it can't be helped, actually. "Tsune" character will be hard to play in theater, after all. I dare to say I'm the only one able to play his character perfectly.

Akane: I see... What about Hina-san? She get to play, too, right?

Me: Yep. "Tsura" the older sister of "Tsune."

I guess we're still stucked as siblings even when acting.

Akane: Anyway... You were really good earlier! It feels like the song is meant for you two to sing!

I just smiled hearing that.

???: Well, I wanted to write that song for my late brother. Since Ame is like a brother to me, I thought why not?

We looked at the voice direction and saw Hina.

Hina:*smiles* Might as well interrupt your quality time before you two do something lewd.

Akane blushed and immediately looked away.

Me: Haha, don't tease her too much, Hina.

Hina:*smiles* No can do.

She ruffled my hair.

Hina: I have to make sure you stay pure until you get married. Don't you think so, "lil bro"?