Take It Easy

The Same Night
Himekawa's House
Ame POV

Himekawa: You even went and did a DNA test. I suppose you already had a hunch?

Kindaichi was dead asleep as we talked.

Himekawa: So who's your mom?

Aqua: I can't tell you.

I don't really care to tell Himekawa about Ai, but since Aqua said that then that's that.

Himekawa: So she's in show business.

He put the test result on the table.

Himekawa: I'm the same. Have you heard the name Himekawa Airi? She's my mom.

Me: I know of her. She was the female lead in a morning drama.

Himekawa: That was quite a long ago. You really know your stuff.

Me: I guess...

Himekawa: Then I'm sure you already know about what happened when I was a kid. It was a long time ago, but it should come up if you search for it.

He said while typing on his phone.

Himekawa: However, I'm afraid this won't help you much with your mission.

Me&Aqua:...

Himekawa: This is not the man you're looking for.

He put down his phone.

Himekawa: I have encountered a man that looks a lot like you, Aqua. It's safe to say that he's our real father.

Me: Ah, dammit.

Aqua: You have met him?

Himekawa: Yeah. He bumped into Hina. That was about a week before she died.

He then looked at me.

Himekawa: I'm sure you believe the one who plotted Hina's death is our father. But why are you so sure about it?

Me: Well... Hina died the same way as my and Aqua's mother.

Himekawa: I see. Sorry, I can't help much.

He's somewhat wrong about this. With him revealing his mother to us, there's one similarity. Our father's targets are talented actresses.