Star

Two weeks later
Filming Set
Ame POV

Sumi:*cries* I... Want to quit the show.

Almost everyone: Huh?!

Morimoto: Right in the middle of the show?!

Kumano: Why would you say such a thing?

Sumi: Recently, the boys in my school have been teasing me, like... "You like that kind of boy, I see" and so on. There's nothing scarier than showing everyone what the feeling of "being in love" means to you.

Well, I could understand if someone use that kind of excuse to withdraw. Normal people, at least.

Me: Nice acting, Sumi.

To survive in entertainment industry, you need to have a strong mental. If you get discouraged just because of minor things like this, then you're not qualified to be in this industry.

She's maybe usinh exaggeration skill in this situation. Skill where you exaggerate your real feeling in words to the point where  your body respond to it.

Akane: Are you... Are you really going to quit?

Kumano: I'll always be here to hear you out! If you quit, then I'll quit too!

Sumi: Nobu-kun...

Kumano: Stop saying such things and stay on the show!

Sumi: I'm...

Literally 10 minutes later...

Sumi:*happily* Look, look! They wrote an article about it! I've done my parts to draw in more viewers for the show, haven't I?

Me&Aqua: Indeed you have.

Akane: So... Are you quitting?

Sumi: Eh...? I can't quit. I have a contract, after all.

Akane: Eh... So it's all an act?

Me: Well, you're not completely wrong. You use the, what I called "exaggeration skill", didn't you, Sumi-san?

Sumi: Woah, you really know your stuff, Ame-kun!

Akane: What's that?

She asked while looking at me.

Aqua: You exaggerate your real feeling in words to the point your body respond to it.

Me: Yeah.

Akane: I see.

She started taking notes.

Mem-Cho: Ahahaha... I see. It wasn't a lie, but an exaggeration.

As everyone started to become more casual with each other, thanks to being on the show for a while, their real selves started to show.

Talented people. Honest yet interesting people. Those who hardly get screen time because they are awful in front of the camera.