Hometown

The Same Day
Ame POV

Akane: Hina's grandparents' house?

Me: Yeah. Hina told me about it.

That wasn't a lie. Hina once told me that she still went there every now and then. She said she made some renovations to the house to keep it preserve.

Aqua: Really? I never know she shared the same hometown as us.

Akane: Huh? This is your hometown?

Aqua: Yeah. You see the hospital up that hill? That's where we siblings were born.

He said while pointing at a hospital that was located on a hill. The same hospital where I was born in my past life. It's also where Gorou served as a doctor.

Well, nice improvisation, Aqua.

Akane: Ah, do your grandparents live around here? Something like returning to your old home for delivery?

Me: Hmm, you've mostly got it.

Akane: So you planned the filming trip to concide your homecoming?

Aqua: No, it's a complete coincidence. Mem doesn't know this is our hometown.

Akane: Wow, that's extraordinary. This doesn't happen everyday.

Me: I was surprised too.

Akane: Then I'm sure you guys want to take a look around first.

Aqua: Yeah. But only places within walking distance.

Me: It's inconvenient to have a car in times like this.

Akane: Oh, yeah. Do you two have a moped license?

Me&Aqua: Yeah, why?

Akane: Just now your agency stuff told me...

Little Timeskip
On the road
Ame POV

We were riding electric scooters to Hina's grandparents' house.

Aqua: Good to know that they've embraced new technology out in the bones.

Akane: I know right?

Me: You really can sense the advancement of civilization from the likes of convenience stores too...

After a few minutes, we arrived in front of a old-fashioned japanese house. Not that big but not too small either.

Me: We're here.

I said and walked to the front door.

Akane: Doesn't look abandon to me.

Me: Well, Hina took care of it.

I took out a key and unlock the door and opened it.

Aqua: Where did you get the key?

Me: Hina left all her assets for us, remember?

I answered as we walked into the house. The interior is perfectly arranged but just a bit dusty.

I stayed quiet as we walked around the house.

Akane: Hina-san must had a lot of precious memories here that she still keep this place preserve.

Aqua: Seems like it.

Me:...

I stopped walking in front of a shelf full of old photos. There was a lot of photos of young Kenzo and Hina playing together.

Akane: That boy... Is he...

Me: Kenzo. Hina's older brother.

I picked up one of the photos. It was a family photo. The parents, grandparents, Kenzo, and Hina were all in the photo.

Me: Both Hina and Kenzo were born and raised here up until Kenzo was ten. When he turned 10, the parents brought their children moved to Tokyo. The siblings often visited their grandparents each time school holiday came. They made friend with a doctor from the hospital too.

Aqua:...

Me: When Kenzo turned 14, he and Hina met a young girl by accident when the visited the hospital to see the doctor I mentioned before. They became close friends afterwards. However, the girl couldn't leave the hospital room because of her disease, so those would be the ones that always visit her. The girl unfortunately... Died. Kenzo and Hina couldn't be there by her side because of their mom's disease.

Akane:...

Aqua:... Hina sure loved talking to you, huh?

Me: Yeah...

I put down the photo I was holding and picked up another photo. It was the photo of the very last Christmas Kenzo and Hina celebrated together with Gorou and Sarina in the hospital. They looked so happy in the photo.

The date the photo taken was still there.

I let out a warm smile.

There was a small note attached at the back of the photo.

"My Treasure :)"

Me: Your treasure, huh...

"Well, you have to find out what's the most precious thing to me first."

Could it be...

Akane: Ame, you're with us?

Me: Ah, right. Sorry.

I looked at the date of the photo I was holding one last time before putting it back at it place.

Me: Well, I guess we're done here. So, where you wanna go, Aqua?

I asked as we started walking to the front door.

Aqua: The hospital.

Me: Huh?

Akane: Eh? Why? Does your stomach hurt? Do you need medicine?

She asked while checking out her bag.

Aqua: That's not it. There's something I want to check up. I should be done on jiffy.

Me: Well, okay then.

We got onto our electric scooters and made our way towards the hospital.

Me: Aqua... Are you perhaps...

To be continued...