#44

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The following week at work, Felix couldn't stop thinking about Hyunjin's advice. He kept replaying their conversation in his head and wondered if he should really follow it. Since they're stuck in the same place for days, they didn't speak about what happened between them.

Felix all the time thought that maybe he should speak up about his underlying feelings. 'It wouldn't do any harm', the only problem was how it felt so nice to be with the person you love the most, and he didn't want to fuck those chances up if he explained his feelings and they turned out to not be mutual. In the end, he decided that he couldn't wait any longer.

During their lunch break, Felix asked "Jisung, I need to smoke, come with me?"

"Yeah, sure" Jisung nodded and followed Felix.

They walked to a nearby park, lit cigarettes then sat on a bench overlooking a pond.

Felix took a deep breath and turned to Jisung "Jisung, there's something I need to tell you," he said, his voice trembling slightly.

Jisung looked at him with a mix of curiosity and concern. "Felix, what is it?" he asked, noticing Felix's nervousness.

Felix bit his lip nervously, he knew Jisung was still hurting from what had happened with Minho, and Felix didn't want to make things worse by pushing too hard.

Felix took another deep breath and gathered his courage, he looked at Jisung and said, "Jisung, I know you're hurting right now, and I don't want to add to that pain. But I need to be honest with you about how I feel. I care about you so much, and I want to be with you. I really like you... I liked you even before that night... I know it's not the best timing, but I couldn't keep it to myself any longer."

In shock Jisung's eyes widened in surprise. He was speechless for a few seconds before he finally spoke "F-Felix, I'm, I'm sorry-".

Felix's heart sank, "Please, don't answer me, now" he had hoped for a different reaction, but he had prepared himself for the worst. "I understand, Ji. I just wanted to be honest with you. I don't want to ruin our friendship, but I had to tell you how I feel. I can't hold it anymore."

Jisung sighed and looked away. "Felix, I appreciate your honesty, but... I'm not sure how I feel about this"

Felix felt a mix of disappointment and relief "go on a date with me!" he didn't think, as he took Jisung's hands "please, let me show you that I can make you happy" his puppy eyes begged for a chance.

Jisung looked down at their intertwined fingers before meeting Felix's gaze and blushed, "I don't know, Felix. I need some time to think about it," he replied softly.

Felix nodded "Sure, take all the time you need" he said, letting go of Jisung's hands. "I understand. Take your time, Ji. I'll always be here if you need me."

They sat in silence for a few more minutes before deciding to head back to work. Felix felt a weight lifted off his shoulders, but he also knew that things between him and Jisung might never be the same again. Jisung gave Felix a small smile, "Thank you, Felix. I appreciate it."

Felix smiled back, "Of course, Ji. We're friends, and that's what friends are for."

Jisung's mind flew away all day thinking about Felix's words "go on a date with me!", he was so confused about everything. 'Maybe going on a date with someone who really cared about him could make things better. Maybe?' He doesn't know. He touched his lips, remembering their kiss, it was good. At least he could forget about Minho for a while, but why does it always come back at him? Minho, Minho, Minho... Fuck, I'm tired.'

As the keys turned and the coffee shop was closed Felix looked down while putting the keys in his pocket, he was nervous "good night, Ji" and he turned to head home.

"Felix!" Jisung called, causing the younger man to jump and turn around.

Jisung took a deep breath and walked up to Felix. "I just want to be honest with you too," he said, looking into Felix's eyes. "I still like Minho."

Felix's heart stopped for a second and he looked down. "I understand, Jisung," he said softly, being rejected really hurted.

"I'm hurted, you know, but... I'm willing to try if you accept me". Jisung shyly confessed.

Felix's face lit up as he took Jisung's hand in his."I just want to make you happy. Thank you for giving me a chance, Jisung. I promise to do everything I can to make you happy."

Jisung smiled and squeezed Felix's hand. "I know you will, Felix."

Felix couldn't hold himself and hugged the elder so tightly, Jisung was surprised and hesitated for a moment but hugged him back.

'Happy?'.

Felix thought to himself, smiling, 'You can learn to love me.'

-

8 p.m.

Minho packed up his things and left the company. Another boring day at work, another boring night home alone. He got into his car and drove back to his house, but as usual, he was caught in the middle of the way by a known coffee shop. He couldn't help but notice the lights go off and by the door two boys talking and going separated ways.

Everything he does, everything he sees, reminds him of that place, and their happy memories. He sighed 'will this feeling fade someday? Coming here everyday is not helping, but I didn't even want to come here. Maybe I just casually want to take him home one more time, talk to him, spend the night...' But, he doesn't have the courage to face what his feeling right now. 'I should wait a little more... Give him some time, but... when will it be okay to talk with him?'

Everyday is the same. Until that is not.

One day as he observed them, something caught his attention. They were not just talking, they were hugging. Minho felt his heart crack at the sight, he shook his head "Why do I even bother coming this way every day?" he thought to himself.

"I need a drink".

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧