Chapter 3

Hey Readers.

Here's a new chapter.

Hope you enjoyed reading.

Please do vote and comment 🖤

Mathilda's pov.

He sent her away.

She was innocent.

I was ignored, again.

Being a princess is not what everyone thinks.

My life was carved on the stone, my story weaved in the fiddle by the three sisters in a cold, long forgotten cave.

I'm Princess Mathilda, the sole heir to the Solovan throne and daughter of the almighty king Alexander. I was born and breed for the only reason, to marry a prince and hand him the throne, while I'd just sit next to him and smile.

Just like my mother.

Like a mannequin who smiled and waved.

But hey! I'm a princess. I've got strong handsome bodyguards, closet full of pretty things, everything imaginable and desired by a girl.

'Desired' yes, 'wanted or needed' no.

No one in this huge castle knew what I needed.

No one knew what my heart craved, which tune my ears desperately needed, the sight my eyes desired.

I'm just a pretty princess for the whole world, but not for long.

I had a plan in motion to escape the castle after the ball. Everything was in the place, my bags were packed and my partner was ready.

But my father and that duke ruined everything.

I was on my way to the gate where Lissa was standing with her friend. I'm not sure what was his name but I wanted to talk to her before she walked towards her death.

No one has ever survived the dark forest. We found their bodies on the edge of the forest within 24 hours after they entered or were forced to enter by my father.

She had a bag which contained a bottle of water, a bottle of wine which was probably watered and a loaf of bread.

The King and the Queen were here, as they always were everytime someone went into the forest.

I stopped my guards as I reached Lissa. I needed a private conversation with my dresser and friend from childhood. 

She tried to bow but I hugged her and whispered in her ears.

"Be smart, be strong but don't be brute."

She nodded and I stepped back towards my mother. My mother gripped my hand and patted my shoulder.

My father's voice boomed through the air,

"Choose your weapon. You are allowed one and only one weapon."

Lissa thought for a while and then said the words which froze my blood and sent a tsunami to my life.

Hey readers.

I know it is hard to have a cliffhanger but can you guess what Lissa asked?

Vote and comment your answer.🖤