CHAPTER 35

✨ LISSA'S POV ✨

Two figures ran towards me but my focus was on Cameron, who gasped and thrashed.

A smile lingered on my face. His pain gave me peace.

"Lissa. Lissa. Look at me." I raised my eyes and met a brown one.

"Let it go. Let the power go." She whispered.

I tilted my head. She looked familiar.

"Devina?" I asked.

"Yes. It's me, now let the power go. You will kill him." She said firmly.

Kill him? Kill who?

'Your boyfriend. Look down.'

I did and gasped.

"Oh no! What do I do? Help me." I pleaded to Devina.

"Look at me. Look at me, not at him."

And I did.

"Breath slowly and let the power fade into you."

I breathed slowly and felt the power retreating.

Air rushed into Cameron's lungs and he blacked out.

"Did I killed him?" I cried.

"No. Just passed out. Don't worry, he is fine."

My eyes fell to the still body at the ground. A precise thought was all it took to feel the air moving in and out of his lungs.

"These powers, they are not mine. I only manifested water and that too at a low level."

"The trials will answer your questions. Once you finish all three, all the answers will be revealed."

"Hey Lissa." The second girl said.

She looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Hi.. um.. who are you?" I questioned.

"I am Melany."

"What? But.. but you were a siren last night."

"Yesterday night. You have been sleeping for a whole day and night. But anyway, you saved me when you took the magic and changed me into my original form. I'm so thankful to you."

"Umm.. sure.. no problem."

"Let's go back to the hut. You need your rest. We will start your training from tomorrow." Devina said.

I nodded and walked with them towards the hut. Devina had teleported Cameron in.

The day was tiring even though I had done nothing but sleep. The whirlpool of power kept spinning and circling in my chest. Getting more and more vicious the more I pay attention to it.

"Will you stop it?" Devina shouted from the door.

"Hmm.. what?"

"You froze all the water of the hut."

"Oh. I'm so sorry. I have no control over it."

I willed the ice to melt and it did easily.

I rearranged the bed assigned to me and layed down. Sleep overcame me in few minutes and I saw my mother smiling as the darkness enveloped me.

Hey guys 👋

Thank you so much for reading the chapter.

I wanted to inform as it can get a little confusing while reading : the sentences written in single inverted commas are the voice of Lissa's psychotic brain or her consciousness.

More will be revealed in the upcoming chapters.

Please vote and comment 💜