CHAPTER 31

✨ MATHILDA'S POV ✨

Boom!!

Everything went haywire. The explosion shook the castle, the glass windows cracked and scattered down. A force exploded from the beam and spread everywhere like an unknown wave of energy.

The earth tilted on its axis and time changed from its raw form.

It vanished just as it had arrived,  instantaneously.

"Mathilda, are you fine? Are you hurt? Shall I call a healer?" I found myself in my father's arms.

"Huh, yes father. I'm not hurt." Just baffled and confused but it was not the time for that.

"Are you fine father?" I asked.

He just nodded.

"Duke Rayland. Gather some forces and check the borders of the forest. Assign patrols all around the village and forest untill I say otherwise."

"As you command, sire."

Duke Rayland left with a sneer on his face which made me doubt him even more.

"What was that father?"

"I am not sure but it feels like somehow the time changed from its roots. What do you think today is?"

I blinked.

"Third Tuesday of July. Date 21." I gasped as soon as the words left my mouth.

No, it can't be.

Cam and Lissa had left 25 days ago. But...but the date...they left 9 days back? It had only been 9 days.

"Something is wrong here father."

"Time somehow changed its place."

"What? How is that possible?"

"I... I... I need to go."

He left. Just like that, my father vanished and the king took his place.

"Mattie. Are you ok." Jeph came running.

"I'm fine. Are you ok?"

He nodded and smiled.

"Let's go. I have to get ready and my father has to face the consequences of his decisions."

He looked at me with confusion but I just gave him a reassuring smile.

We walked together to my chambers. My maids were completing their chores when we entered.

"Ladies... I would.."

Gasps rang throughout the room.

"Princess. The soldier can't enter her highness's chambers." Martha, the oldest maid spoke.

Martha was like a mother to me. She raised me when my mother was lying in her grave and my father too busy to take care his daughter.

"Some rules are meant to be broken. Bring me a change of clothes and prepare my bath."

They nodded meekly and continued their assigned chores.

"Wait in the dinning chamber. I'll be back in a while."

He gave me a loving smile and sat on the cushion.

I entered my bathing chambers and removed the coloured eye contacts. The next was my hair.
I washed them again and again until all the colour drained out.

Mia and Sona entered the chambers and helped me scrub my skin.

After drying myself I moved to the dressing chamber. They had a huge green gown ready for me. It looked hideous. They also have hair dye and contact ready on the mirror.