CHAPTER 17

LISSA'S POV.

The fates seemed to be against me in these last few days. The creature 'Timbuk', as the hag called it, followed me and sat on the doormat of the hut.

My heart nearly gave up as I heard him growl but the hag gave it some left veggies and it went to sleep after having its lunch.

Like a cat or an overgrown cat but which cat eat vegetables? I had a cat when I was little, the royal hounds killed and ate her a year later she was born.

I had learned the power hierarchy early in my life. Worm gets eaten by rat, rat gets eaten by cat, cat gets by dog, dog gets eaten by lion and it goes on.

A human was like a rat in the hierarchy, mage was cat, royalty was dog and a royal with magic was a lion, or so it should be. But reality was far from should be and will be.

Princess Mathilda was trained from childhood but still haven't manifested any powers. She is on the bottom of the pyramid of the hierarchy even though it never seemed like that.

The royal family has been on the top of the power pyramid but after the royal prophecy, everything started falling apart.

King Alexander married Queen Sasha when he was 25 years old and succeed the great and all powerfull Solovan throne. It was rumoured that King had an affair with a maid and Queen Sasha left this kingdom with young princess. She was only few months old when this happened.

King Alexander left everything and went after them to bring them back and royal seer of manalagna have this prophecy as soon as he entered the room.

No one except for the King and the formal queen knew of this prophecy but the vague idea was that that "the princess will end the reign and reopen vaults of destruction. A war would rise in the ever land of peace and those suppressed will come and kill."

This was taught to everyone in the kingdom and as soon as Queen Sasha died, the destruction of the kingdom begun.

The Kingdom of seers, where Queen Sasha was born to the king and queen, broke all the relations with ours. The death of their beloved daughter broke something in them and they refused to see any reason to talk or meet their son - in - law or any relatives. It's been couple of years they last spoke to anyone and their twin sons were running the kingdom on their behalf.

Now, the new queen reigned the kingdom along with King Alexander. The Kingdom looks prosperous from outside but was rotten from the core. Slavery, murder, dishonesty, cruelty and lies. 

"Ahhhh. Why is my head killing me?" Cameron's voice dragged me out of my thoughts.

I jumped and ran to him with tears in my eyes.

"You are alive. You really are fine! I was so worried about you. You just fell down and was not breathing and I thought you died and..." I babbled.

"Hey, I'm ok. Don't worry." He said slowly as if speaking hurted him physically.

I nodded at him.

"I have a question though."

"Go on." I encouraged him like he was a kid

"Who are you? Why am I here? And what is this place?" he asked .

I gasped at him with horror on my face.

Hey readers.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Please vote and comment 💜.