* Forty-Four **

"So what, that's it then? You're just going to walk away?" His voice is rough in my ear.

I take a deep breath before answering.

"Yeah, I am" My heart begins pounding against my chest when I feel his body heat radiating off him and colliding into me from his close proximity. Goosebumps form on my skin when his warm breath puffs against the back of my neck.

"Unbelievable. I should have known you'd give up. It's what you do best." He scoffs in my ear.

"Excuse me?" I spin around on my heel to face him, nearing colliding into his chest from how close he's standing. He looks down to me, his eyes stern.

"It's what you do. Any time someone hurts your poor little feelings or things start to get hard you go running for the hills. It's absolutely pathetic Williams." His nostrils flare with increasing anger.

It takes everything in my power not to laugh in his face at how absurd he sounds right now. He surely can't be serious. So I chuckle lightly in disbelief to mask the fact I actually want to punch him in the face which causes him to raise an unamused brow.

"What, you're serious?" I scoff in his face.

"Does it look like I'm joking to you?" he snaps, dark clouds beginning to swirl in his eyes.

I've had enough of him and his behavior.

"I want to make something extremely clear to you. You are the one that goes running when things get tough, not me. I have been standing here like a fool fighting tooth and nail for you even when you want nothing to do with me. You left me, and yet I was still here defending you and protecting you when I shouldn't have been. Why? Because I loved you. I still love you."

I take a slow step back from him, taking a shaky breath.

"But you... you didn't love me. You used me and I fell right into your trap. Again. And where were you when I needed you? Snogging Pansy in the corner while acting like you don't even know I exist. So if anyone runs away from things, its you."

"If you do this, if you walk away that's it for us and we're done." he snaps

"Us? There is no us, you've made that much clear." I huff. Draco opens his mouth to protest.

"No." I hold a finger up to cut him off. "You don't get to have it both ways Draco. You want to be with me when its convenient for you, otherwise you can't be bothered. I've stood by your side through everything. I've given you my last shred of hope, I have nothing left for us or whatever we had if any of it was even real. You made your choice crystal clear and now I'm making mine. So yes, I am walking away."

"Unbelievable. If you take one more step so help me you can forget this even happened."

Without hesitation I take another step backward, looking him in his dark stormy eyes. I spin on my heel and take a deep breath, keeping my eyes locked to the floor as a sea of tears spills over.

I don't even bother trying to hide the fact I'm crying because there's no point in trying to stop something that's going to happen anyway.

And I don't think they are necessarily tears of sadness for once. Do I miss and care for Draco? Of course, more than anything. In a way these tears almost feel comforting though. So maybe they arnt so much tears of just sadness, but maybe they are also tears of acceptance. Of finally letting go.

So I keep walking despite barely hearing his cold voice calling out behind me. The world fades away and there's a rushing noise in my ears when the reality sets in that I'm finally free. Free of the wonderful and toxicity of Draco Malfoy.