Chapter 12 - Party's End

Chapter 12 — Party's End

Hidrus Quintus was in chaos, a great tear opened in the sky, covering the previously beautiful starry landscape with a sickly and disturbing pink, laughter, screams, accompanied by chaotic music and all mortals felt pleasant aromas.

From this abnormal sky, fragments of energy fell like rain, they looked like balls of multicolored light, but when they hit the ground, they turned out to be abominable creatures, with purple skin, claws on their hands and deformed faces, some of these creatures had wings, and others looked like large centaurs.

Upon sighting these creatures unimaginable to the mortal mind, the inhabitants of Le Refuge Ombré, the largest island of Hidrus Quintus and location of the governor's palace, locked themselves in their partially destroyed homes, or fled to the ports, hoping to sail away.

Men, women, and children ran in despair, those left behind were torn to pieces by the creatures' claws, or dragged away, their fate unknown to those who didn't know the creatures' origin.

In port, one of the seamen's greatest laws was enforced, women and children first, the seamen's family members were placed on ships, accompanied only by the crew necessary for the ship to sail.

Simultaneously the planetary defense forces and any man who possessed a weapon did their best to delay the creatures, placing crates and equipment from the harbor in the way, they barricaded themselves.

However, despite their efforts, there was little effect, the creatures were fast, easily dodging the bullets in their path, and those who were hit did not receive considerable damage, or totally ignored the projectiles hitting their bodies.

Eventually they overcame the defenders and approached the ships, the ships that were ready to set sail but there were those still in port, everyone braced for what was to come, families embraced, some prayed to the Emperor to protect their souls, others took a nearby object to use as a weapon.

That was it, everyone would fight until the end, but deep down they knew they were doomed, the imperial guard would never arrive in time, if they ever found this planet, they only saw ruins and bones.

With sadistic smiles and uncontrolled laughter, the creatures advanced.

Suddenly the planet shook, it started with something small, ripples in the water, small objects falling, some houses condemned by the storm collapsed, and then came the real tremor.

Massive waves covered the ocean, the land at the bottom of the sea broke and moved violently, as if something in the depths was forcibly rising, ships rocked, humans grabbed what they could to keep from falling into the sea.

The creatures lost their balance and fell to the ground, the houses in the best condition collapsed, anything that wasn't trapped was thrown to the ground, the shaking continued for minutes, but it seemed like hours, until everything stopped, a deathly silence took over Le Refuge Ombré.

Then a powerful green light illuminated the island, the humans had their backs to this light, everyone was afraid to turn around, but the brave and curious fought their fear, and when they turned around, they had a breathtaking view.

A gigantic pyramid, black, silver and green, shone on the horizon, two smaller pyramids were in front of it, two were on the side and if someone could observe from above, they would see two more pyramids behind the larger pyramid.

These wonderful buildings glowed brightly, unexpectedly, the glow of the pyramids dimmed, the light dimmed from top to bottom, like water being shot through fresh paint, towards the ocean, and then the light disappeared.