cry for love-baekhyun (exo)

tw! cursing, angst

"we're breaking up. i'm sorry m/n." baekhyun whispered, looking down at his hand. tears clouded m/n's eyes, his heart breaking. the couple had been arguing constantly over the pass few days, not being able to look at each other without loosing their shit. "don't leave me baekhyun." "i'm sorry m/n, but you know how we've been falling apart." running his hand through his hair, m/n sighed as he left the kitchen, walking to his bedroom and sitting on his bed. water flowed from his eyes, closing his eyelids only to painfully turn around.

was it his fault they had to fall apart?

***

the fans had started to notice the separation between m/n and baekhyun. there attitudes were completely different. baekhyun could hide his inner emotions and put on a mask to the people around him, while m/n could barely smile while he buried his past self, mourning the lost with dried flowers.

are you okay?

a comment asked, m/n sheepishly laughing. "i'm doing well! just really tired." he forced a smile, the lines of his grin causing a twisting feeling in his gut. "i didn't sleep well last night." he whispered, taking a sip from his water. it wasn't fully true, but enough to where it wasn't technically a lie too.

"chanyeol! get back here." someone yelled, m/n taking a large gulp. that voice. "wow, do you love me?" "yes, of course!" that shouldn't hurt him as much as it did, but he still almost cried out in mental pain.

looking over his shoulder, m/n felt another round of tears leave his eyes as he saw baekhyun lean against the door. "can i say hello?" baekhyun mouthed, pointing at the camera. nodding no, baekhyun begged, m/n rolling his eyes before having him enter the room.

"hello everyone!" he smiled, m/n trying not to roll his eyes. you and m/n haven't been together in a long time! baekhyun read, nodding his head. "it has been. we need to hang out more." m/n silently scoffed, looking down. "didn't say that a few days ago." "what did you say?" baekhyun asked, cricking his jaw. "you didn't say that a few days ago." a look if anger was on m/n's face, baekhyun having a confused look on his face. "jeez, i'm sorry." "you didn't say that when you were breaking up with me!" "why would i? it was better for us to break up than to keep arguing every second."

"well we're arguing now!" tears fell from both of their eyes, forgetting about the camera in their bursts of anger. "i fucking hate you. i hate you so fucking badly." m/n groaned, turning off the live, storming out the room. baekhyun stood steaming, leaving the office and slamming the door.

they argued over nothing.

***

tears soaked m/n's pillow, crying his eyes out for another time. "i hate him so much. i hate him. why did he break up with me? i did nothing wrong." there was a knock on the door, m/n staying silent as xiumin walked in. "are you okay?" laughing, m/n looked straight at him. "no." gripping tightly onto the person in front of him. "stay please." xiumin nodded, laying next to him, holding onto his hand.

how m/n was crying for love.

***

user1
did you see the fight m/n and baekhyun had on live?
user2
i did! it was crazy!
user3
holy shit that was bad

user4
apparently they dated??
user5
what?!
user6
m/n mentioned them breaking up

m/n groaned, slamming down his phone. it was out. and it was his fault. from a slip up, he panicked as he could smell the regret.

giving up. that's what he wanted to do.

/******/
word count: 633
status: unedited
original date of publish: 5/6/2023

angst. nasty.
i'm sorry for the shorter chapter but i was literally falling asleep while writing this
okay
goodnight

byebye<3