Cultural Exchange Like Never Before...(Part 3)

PUNE,INDIA (SAME DAY, 8:00 PM)

Reva sighed as she finally concluded the last online class of the day. She stretched herself before getting up from the chair and lazily moving towards the living room where Aashvi was still doing her research on the Korean queen of Indian origin. Well, she actually saw that coming. Others might saw this annoying, but she loved this habit of hers.

"Chalo Aashu, baki ki research baad mein karna, abhi dinner ki taiyari karne chalo...", she didn't wait for her answer and held her wrist lightly, dragging her towards the kitchen.

["Come on Aashu, you can always complete the research after helping me with the dinner..."]

The girls started with the preparation of bhindi ki sabzi and mung ki daal.

Reva washed the ladyfingers properly and started chopping them while Aashvi washed the daal and poured water in the cooker.

"Reva!", Aashvi called to her and got "hmm" as an answer...she gulped a bit and started," Aaj bhout zyada hi kaam tha kya??"

["Was there too much of workload today?"]

"Haan...", came a reply from the history educator, her entire concentration on the chopping of the particular vegetable.

["Yes..."]

She nervously laughed and continued, "Acha! Shayad isliye phone silent par rakha tha, haina?"

["Okay! Maybe that's why you kept the phone on silent mode, right?"]

"Kisi ka call aya tha kya?...aur dekh itni sabzi kafi hai na??", Reva asked as she left some space for Aashvi to confirm the quantity of the vegetable.

["Did someone call me or something?...and see is the quantity of vegies enough?"]

"Haan itna sahi hai", Aashvi gave it a quick look and added daal along with other essentials like hingg, zeera, salt etc, in the cooker and kept it on the stove.

["Yeah, that's enough"]

"Nhi, kisi ka call nhi aya...umm...vo bass", she tried hiding her face under the pretext of kneading the flour dough as she felt Reva's suspicious glare on her back.

["No, nobody called ...ummm..actually"]

"Aashu, kya baat hai?", Reva softly asked her, deep down she knew what it was but still she wanted to clear her suspicions.

["Aashu, what is it?"]

"Haan vo Jeong-Ho ne call kiya tha! He was asking about you..."

["Yes, actually Jeong-Ho called you today. He was asking about you..."]

She clearly lied and as she turned around herself flinched as she saw Reva literally towering her. Face completely blank.

"Jab juth nhi bolna ata tab try bhi kyun karti ho?", with this she grabbed the kneaded dough and moved towards the stove.

["Why you even try lying when you suck at it?"]

Reva started making small balls from the dough while Aashvi approached to her,"Tere ghar ki baat hai, main zyada nhi bolungi, but yaar they miss you. Ek baar baat toh kar. Please!"

["It's your personal matter, hence I won't interfere much, but man they miss you. At least talk to them. Please"]

What followed after that was few seconds of awful silence before the pressure cooker whistled in order to grab their attention.