Voyage (Part 4)

GIMHAE (GEUMGWAN GAYA), KOREA (48 AD)

It was early morning when the king of Gaya was roaming around the meeting room restlessly.

After a month of waiting, finally the day arrived when II-Jin returned from his trip to India

A soldier entered inside the room, bowed to him and informed him about the arrival of the most awaited person. Suro signaled him to leave, fixed his hanbok while checking himself for the last time in front of the nearby mirrior and moved towards the royal gates where II-Jin arrived shortly after.

II-Jin bowed to him and passed an assuring smile to the king, indicating that the the trip to India was a success. The king sighed in relief, the anxiety flowing away.

When they both arrived in the meetjng chamber, II-Jin was welcomed by a lovesick teenager. How conveniently Suro maintained the aura of a calm and respectful king, and the moment they were alone, Suro turned into a lover.

"II-Jin-a, yeohaeng-eun eottaess-eo? Geuligo geu nalaneun eotteohseubnikka? Naneun jangsoga maeu dayanghadaneun geos-eul algo issjiman geugeos-e gwanhan modeun geos-eul algo sipseubnida."

["II-Jin, how was your trip? And how is that country? I know that the place is very diverse but I want to know everything about it."]

II-Jin smiled at him and started explaining everything to him.

"Pyeha, uliui milae yeowang-ui nalaneun maeu dayanghamyeo geunyeoui chulsindo machangajiibnida. Geuligo dangsingwa machangajilo geunyeoui tansaeng-eneun sayeon-i issseubnida. Hajiman iyagileul seolmyeonghagi jeon-e eongeubhaeya hal myeoch gaji jung-yohan bubun-i issseubnida.".

["Your majesty, our future queen's country is very diverse, and so is her origin. And just like you, there is a story behind her birth. But before I begin narrating the story there are some important parts that are supposed to be mentioned."]

Suro gestured with his hands, asking him to continue.

II-Jin took a deep breath, realised it with a sigh and started with the narration of his entire trip,"Naega malhaessdeus-i nalaneun maeu dayanghabnida. Bugjjog-eun namjjoggwa wanjeonhi daleudeus-i seojjogdo dongjjoggwa maeu daleubnida. Jeonche gugganeun "Mahajanpada"lo allyeojin yeoleo julo nanwibnida. Apseo Manikkam-i malhaessdeus-i Suriratna gongjuneun guggaui bugjjog-e wichihan Kosalalo allyeojin Mahajanpada chulsin-ibnida. Geunyeoui hyeoltong-eun guggaui jeomyeonghan inmul-ija kosallaui sudoin ayodiaui wang-in lama gyeong-ui huson-ilago habnida.

Suriratnaui eomeoni in Kosalaui yeowang-i ganglyeoghan Chola wangjo-e soghaessdaneun sasildo heungmi lobseubnida."

["As I said that the country is very diverse. The north is completely different from the south, so is the west very different from the east. The entire country is divided into different states known as "Mahajanpada". As told by Manikkam earlier, princess Suriratna is from the Mahajanpada known as Kosala, located at the northern side of the country. For her lineage it is said that they are the descendants of Lord Rama, who was a prominent personality of the country and also the king of Ayodhya which is the capital of Kosala.