Let's Make This Work Together...(Part 3)

[Small chapter ahead]

PUNE, INDIA (SAME TIME AROUND 4:30 PM IST)

The liquid pearl rolled down from her cheek and landed on her knuckles as Aashvi held her wallet tenderly while grazing her fingertips on the particular photo.

"I miss you Dadi, I love you, please wapas ajao, apki bhout yaad ati hai", Aashvi mumbled the words in between the tears and she placed her trembling lips on her Late Grandma's pic

["I miss you Grandma, I love you, please come back, I miss you a lot"]

Thousands of pics of various faces are stored in a mobile memory, but only one person can claim the place in our wallet. For Aashvi, that person was her Dadi. It was neither her Dadi's death nor birth anniversary yet Aashvi was crying and missing her. That one person who was extremely close to her heart. Her Grandma died back in 2013, creating a void in her life forever.

This afternoon, post-lunch she went to sleep and had a dream of her deceased Dadi, the dream was of the 2011 when she used to listen to the stories of Indian monarchs and revolutionaries that were narrated by her Dadi and they used to fascinate her a lot. The dream also displayed  the time when she used to watch their favorite historical shows together. Her desire of spending a simple day with her Dadi once again before the arrival of her final hours was played today in the form of a dream.

When she woke up that evening, her eyes were moist and the cheeks were stained with dried tears. Sinha's sustained a photo album of her Dadi hence Aashvi took one of the picture and kept it inside her wallet, so that she could always take a glance of that one person who also taught her the importance of saving money. It might be the case with everyone, grandparents are habitual of giving their grandkids some little amount of wealth, even if its a Rs. 1 coin or a Rs. 100 note.

She kept the wallet back in its place and wiped the tears. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her breath and thought about changing the mood hence she opened up her laptop and started binge watching Kim Suro- The Iron King.

While doing so she didn't kept the track of time and it was an incoming video call on her laptop that gave her the dawn of the time. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw the person's name. Nevertheless, she immediately grabbed a file that was placed beside the laptop on the study table and received the call, pretending that she was hella busy.

"Thank you for accepting the call Jagiya...", his soothing voice would normally make her heart a garden but for the first time ever she decided to play the hard-to-get.

"What do you want now?", her harsh reply surely made his lips curves down yet he passed her a smile and said, "Yes Jagiya, I deserve every bit of your anger and hate."