Epilogue

GIMHAE (GUEMGWAN GAYA), KOREA, (49 CE)

The land of Gaya was blessed to have a Suro as its King. And why not? The love saga of the King and Queen became a hot topic for the entire nation. A man, irrespective of his nationality, status, caste, etc., is bound to dream about his lady. A man in love is the most beautiful thing on the planet. No matter how much unmoved he portrays himself, there is a certain woman with no blood connection, who manages to melt away his walls with a single glance.

Suro, who was now on the way of walking away from the teenage phase was still 19 when he and his wife were waiting for their first marriage anniversary to arrive.

Year ago, he used to wish to see his wife getting showered by the beautiful cherry blossoms and now seeing her swirling around and playing with the falling petals of cherry blossoms for past one year made him smile.

They had their marriage done in the traditional Goguryeo (Korean) manner. That day, Sriratna was draped in the traditional hanbok, looking like a Goddess to him and mother to the subjects.

The queen followed their traditions with all her heart but she never forgot her own

Everything was going fine, but for past 3 months Suro seemed a bit stressed to her

Everything was going fine, but for past 3 months Suro seemed a bit stressed to her. She initially thought that it was about some revolt or upcoming war as her husband was a mighty king, was too young to become a king for his age and that always invited attacks from the nearby kingdoms and sometimes revolts would break down within the empire. She thought that those were the reasons that were bothering him but he denied them when she asked about it. The husband would held her hand and kiss her knuckles and hug her tightly. And even if that wouldn't ease her then he would whisper some romantic words in his naturally husky voice against her earlobe before planting a kiss on it as well, knowing that it would stop his wife from questioning him any further. The queen of Gaya eventually turned into a blushing mess and snuggle her face against his chest and his lips turn into a smirk while his arms tightly trapped her in his cage of love.

The night was about to turn into morning. Time of July-August, referred as the month of Shraavan in Sanskrit and the Queen of Gaya was lost in her dreams and her husband was lost in her natural beauty. The entire nation was in deep slumber and it seemed that the only person awaken was Suro who was busy drinking the features of his wife. The couple had a silk quilt that covered them. Suro was lying beside Sriratna, his arm supported his head. He kept looking at her face and slowly moved his long slender fingers over her face's features. The fingers traced her forehead and moved towards her cheek, then nose and then traced her lower lip with his thumb. The deep-sleeper queen slightly scrunched her nose and turned towards his side and hide her face against his bare chest. Suro sighed as he slightly patted her head and pecked on crown area. They remained like that till Suro noticed the color of the sky changing from the window. He carefully covered her with the quilt and stood up and went towards the window ad his one hand grabbed his hanbok. He wore it, not bothering to tie it properly and let it loose at the side of his bare chest while his gaze fixed at the rising sun.