Those Were The Days... (Part 2)

DAEGU, SOUTH KOREA (15th AUGUST 2021), (12:00 PM KST)

The smell of liberation. The feeling of being freed from the clutches of slavery.
The fives countries were feeling all these emotions on this particular day.

Bahrain, Liechtenstein, India, South Korea, and North Korea.

These countries had their own story to tell about the struggle against slavery and their own winning speech.

It was around 12:00 PM when Jae-Sung walked out of the convenient store. Whistling around, as he swing the ramen packets filled polybag.

How beautiful it felt to him, celebrating National day in Daegu after so long

How beautiful it felt to him, celebrating National day in Daegu after so long. He continued walking, whistling and humming the famous patriotic song aka national anthem of the nation, Aegukga.

His legs halted right at front of his old High School. The humming stopped so the whistling. The person stood right at front of him was someone he wanted to see least, Shin Haneul.

He stood there with a cold face while she had a guilty stricken one.

This girl was the fine example of why to never help anyone to him.

She nervously smiled at him and wished him,"Annyeonghaseyo Jaeseong seonbaenim, guggyeong-il-eul chughadeulibnida."

["Hello Jae-Sung senior, happy national day to you"]

Was he in love with her? NOOO.

Was she the one who left his brother used and shattered? YESSS.

Most importantly, was she guilty of her actions? More than anyone could imagine.

The flashbacks danced in front of his eyes, so the day when a new family became the part of their neighborhood.
Shin Family.

It consisted of Mr. and Mrs. Shin, their two sons and one daughter, Haneul.

The Choi and Shin kids became friends in no time. As the Shin bros were of the same age as of Jae-Sung, the three turned into an unbreakable trio, always playing football, going out for cycling.  In fact, the three went to the same school , in the same class. Jeong-Ho, on the other hand, bonded with the Shin sis, Shin Haneul.  The 2 year age gap was never a hurdle for their friendship. They used to play around too. He would share his toy cars with her and she made this habit of sharing her pebbles collection with him. The two used to draw colors in drawing books. Things started changing slowly when the 14 year old Haneul was transferred to the school where her brothers and Choi brothers were already studying. She was in 8th grade (middle school), whereas  Jeong-Ho was in 10th grade (high school) and Jae-Sung along with Shin bros was in the senior year.