Curious Love...

AYODHYA (MAHAJANPADA KOSALA), INDIA (48 AD)

The early morning rays spread across the landscape, bringing the entire country to life. Like everyday routine, the princess of Kosala was accompanied by her group of friends as she headed towards the royal bath. Usually she would go for the one situated in her room but at times like this she would go for open-bath.

Today, Sriratna was unusually quite

Today, Sriratna was unusually quite. The fact that her husband was born from a golden egg was hard for her to digest. She recalled his portrait and sighed.

How can this handsome man came out from an egg? Is this normal in Gaya?? Her conscience mocked at her. Obviously he was the chosen one by Gods. He has to be different.

Her man...

The mere thought of that unusual manly beauty being her life partner made her a blushing mess. It didn't came to her notice that she already reached the stairs of the bath, not before one of the lady from her group held her hand in order to help her in descending down the stairs. The pool was filled with beautiful lotus flowers, floating over the surface.

 The pool was filled with beautiful lotus flowers, floating over the surface

After settling down properly she asked her companions to leave her alone. The girls obliged and left not before bowing their head to her.

Now alone, Sriratna sighed as the smell of water bombs of sweet jasmine evaded her nose.

So relaxing!!

She closed her eyes and her mind went back to her soon-to-be husband.

"Unka desh hamare desh ke purab disha mein hai...aur sahastron mil dur hai...isi kaaran Gaya rajya, Kosala ki tulna mein kam se kam teen ghantan aage hoga...Toh sambhavta bhavi swami ne snan kar liya hoga aur ab ve apne mantriyon se rajya ke vishay mein varatalap kar rahein honge..."

["His country is situated at the east side of our country...and its thousands of miles away as well... that's why Gaya kingdom is ahead of Kosala, at least three hours ahead...so maybe , my soon-to-be lord (husband) must have already finished with bathing and must be discussing about the kingdom's welfare with his ministers..."]