a house a home

age: 14
setting: rhode island

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was the day we were finally moving into our new house in Rhode Island. It's my moms favorite state, other than Tennessee. My mom cares deeply for her home town, but she felt like she needed some place calmer to live.

I'm pretty excited to be honest. I'm not really going to miss Tennessee all that much, because I havent lived there for too long. And when I have lived there, I had a pretty shit school life, which pretty much ruins a lot.

After my mom gave birth to me in 2008, she moved to england with me and at the age of 4, I started going to a boarding school just outside of Bath. That's why I have this accent. We moved back to America when I was 9. We first lived in New York City, and I was homeschooled with a tutor. Then, at the age of 12, we moved to Tennessee. I went to a regular school but was bullied heavily, so I transferred to another school. I wasn't bullied in that one, but I didn't make any friends, so I didn't really enjoy it.

We were in the car, My mom, My dad, the three cats and I. I was in the back petting Merideth while she sat on my lap. We were listening to my mom's album 'Lover'. I requested it because it was one of my favorites.

"So y/n, are you excited to see the new house?" Mom asked me

"Yeah, I am actually. I wonder what my bedroom will be like"

"I think you're gonna love it" she said.

We were driving through a really posh neighborhood by the seaside.
"Ok Joe, now you take a right turn here" my mom instructs to my dad. He pulls in and park the car at the door. They turn around to look at me, and see that my jaw was dropped and my eyes were wide. They started smiling and giggling.

"This is ours?!" I say in disbelief.

"Yes honey" My dad says

"Why don't we go inside?" my mom suggests.

"Yes!" I jump out the car excitedly and run up to the front door. My mom and dad walk up the stairs holding hands together. Me and my dad held my moms hand ontop of each other as she was putting in the key and opening the door.

My smile widened even further as I saw the inside of the new house. It was so big and beautiful.

"Come on, let me show you your new bedroom" my mom said as she held my hamd and led me upstairs.

She opened the door and I walked in. "Jesus Christ" I said in shock. It was quite big, amd had a balcony. Behind a door in the bedroom was a large ensuite and another door, which led into a humongous walk in closet. It had so much storage place, and the perfect little area for a makeup vanity.

"I love this place so much!" I squealed as I ran towards my mom to give her a hug

After a few hours of looking around the house and picturing what could go where, it started getting dark, and we started getting hungry. My dad had left an hour ago to go back to London to continue filming a movie, so it was just me and my mom. and the cats of course.

"Babe, I don't really feel like cooking tonight. Do you wanna get takeout? We could get any of your choice." my mom requests.

"Yes!" i reply "pizza?!"

"Of course hun!"

When the pizza arrived, we sat on the floor in the lounge because none of the furniture had arrived yet. We just talked about everything, from new decorating choices, to my new school.

A/N:

hey guys! this was probably kinda cringy but oh well. i hope y'all enjoyed! please feel free to request any imagines for me to write. and if you like the book so far then please please please save it. i promise i have some better things coming along<3