suprise!

age: 14
setting: rhode island

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a normal day at school. I was sat in maths class, not really paying any attention. In my last school, I was two grades ahead of everyone my age, but this new school that I'm in doesn't let me exceed to a higher grade, so I never really have to try in school anymore.

Suddenly, I hear a voice over the school intercom.

"Can y/n Swift please report to the office"

Uh oh, that's me. Last time I was called into the principal's office it was because they found out I had graffitied the one of the cubicles with a biro pen. It wasn't that bad though, don't worry I just drew a bunch of smiley faces that some people thought looked like dicks. I think they over reacted a little bit. I wasn't completely intending for the smiley faces to look like dicks. My mom definitely over reacted at that. That was a crazy day. She scolded me so bad when she found out.

My teacher let me go, so I grabbed my backpack and left the class. I walked down the hallways nervously. The only reason I still have a good reputation in school, is because everything I do, I keep secret. If the school was to find out about any of the things I've done, I would definitely be suspended. And my mom would ground me for the rest of my life.

I got to the principals office, and was buzzed in. I saw my mom sat in a chair in front of the principal.

"Oh my sweet y/n, are you feeling okay?" she got up out of her chair and rushed to me, whilst giving me a secret smile and a wink. I shot her a confused look and then she hugged me. "Play along." she whispered in my ear.

"No not really, I feel really sick, and I think I have a fever" I say, whilst frowning, and changing my posture to look less uptight.

My mom put her hand over my head "Looks like she's burning up," My mom says, acting worried. "I think I'm going to take y/n home for the rest of the day, she needs to rest"

"That's perfectly alright Miss Swift" The principal said. I think he's always been starstruck of my mom.

My mom carries my backpack in one hand, and hold my hand in the other. We get into the car amd stop acting weird.

"Mom" I said

"What?"

There was a silence for a second. I looked at her confused whilst she shot me a natural look.

"What's going on? Why did you take me out of school?" I asked

She shrugged slightly. "I thought you'd want to be taken out of school"

"Well, duh, but why did you? You hate it when I miss school." I said.

"What lessons where you missing out on?" She questioned

"I was in maths, but then I would've had gym class and then ethics"

"See, you'll be fine!" she responded.

"Mom, whats going on?" I ask again.

"Nothing, nothing. I just wanted to spend the day with my daughter. Is that too much too ask?" She started the car and drove out of the school.

"Jeez sorry. Are you mad at me or something?"

"No hun, you haven't done anything wrong. I just wanted to spend some time with you"

She put on Fearless Taylors Version on the way home.

When we finally arrived home, she turned the car off.

I got out of the car and went to the front door. As soon as I opened it, I screamed and jumped. My grandmother was standing at the door and went in to give me a hug. I started crying tears of joy as I hadn't seen her for a year.

"Grandma, I've missed you sooo much" I squealed

"I missed you too sweety" She said. She was also crying.

My mom was behind us, and she was on the verge of tears.

We spent the rest of the day talking about life and i painted her nails.

A:N

ik ik this wasn't that great lmao. what should i do next?