𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒆

Dahlia never set out to earn herself a nickname

Dahlia never set out to earn herself a nickname. She didn't strive to be adored by the Capitol. She had just wanted to make an impression. And she had made more of an impression than she ever thought she would. The Tribute Parade was the next step in securing her place in the hearts (and pockets) of the people of the Capitol.

Juno had created a work of art in just one evening. A sleek black dress adorned her body, falling all the way to the floor. It was an elevated version of her dress in the Reaping and kept up with the dark theme her nickname suggests. The link to District Five came in the form of large sleeves of fabric flowing from her shoulders to the floor. The material was smooth and light but was embroidered with silver jewels all the way down. The gleaming silver reflected off the shining lights of the Capitol and looked like ripples of electricity flowing down her arms. A fake black dahlia flower was pinned into the sleek low bun that her hair had been scraped into and small silver gems decorating her eyelids completed the look.

Dahlia Blossom, the poor girl from District Five, looked unrecognisable. Because it wasn't Dahlia Blossom staring back at her in the mirror. It was the Black Dahlia. A persona she has created. A character she could sculpt into a winner. She may feel like a little girl playing dress-up but the audience would see exactly what she wanted them to see. A Victor.

"Ah, here's your district partner." Juno announces as Wyatt is practically dragged forward by his own stylist. Juno smirks at the aggravated face of the stylist as the pair approach the chariot. "Have a good time, Zeus? My darling flower here was an absolute angel."

The other stylist, Zeus, just glared with a shake of his head. Dahlia was glad Wyatt was making someone else's life miserable for a change. He was like a dark cloud that came to rain on everyone's parade. But Dahlia wasn't going to let him ruin her chances. She would throw him from the chariot if she must.

"Well done for dragging him out. I was prepared to go alone." Dahlia compliments Zeus, quirking a taunting eyebrow at Wyatt. The boy was wearing an all-black outfit, in an attempt to profit off of Dahlia's new nickname, with similar sleeves as his district partner. He just sneered in reply and attempted to rub the glitter out of his eye. Zeus slapped his hand quickly to stop the boy ruining the makeup.

"You two better get in the chariot. You'll be off soon." Juno states, ushering Dahlia into the black chariot and ensuring the dress sits just right. "Good luck, dear." With a kiss on her tribute's knuckles, Juno was off in a flurry of silver and Wyatt was flung in beside Dahlia.

"Are you sure we don't need to strap you in? You know, in case you run off again." Dahlia jests in a deadpan tone, not bothering to face the miserable boy next to her.

"What is your problem with me?" Wyatt snaps in a venomous tone, fists clenched by his side as he turns to her. "You seem to have always had it out for me, right from the beginning. I found out I was basically being sent to my death and you told me to pull myself together!"