𝑳𝒊𝒂𝒓 𝑳𝒊𝒂𝒓

"Now, I think we can all agree that this year's Games were something special

"Now, I think we can all agree that this year's Games were something special." Caesar Flickerman's words are met with cheers of agreement from the Capitol audience. "What a show!"

Dahlia could barely stand to listen to the man as he riled up the crowd. Juno had, once again, clothed her in a standard black ensemble to stick with the theme of her nickname. But Dahlia just wanted to rip the restrictive outfit from her body. She yearned for comfort. For home.

"I can't do this." Dahlia mumbles, tears gathering in the corner of her eye as she struggles to breathe properly. She had been pacing back and forth in her black heels, stressed out of her mind as she tried to find her strength.

Alaric grasped her shoulders to root her to the spot. "Yes, you can." He assured her, staring into her eyes to ensure she would believe his words. He had been her only tether to sanity. "You just need to play the part of a ruthless Victor. That's all they want."

"But I don't want to become that anymore." Dahlia whimpers, remembering her final moments in the Games. She hated the character she had become in that moment. That wasn't her. That was The Black Dahlia. But now, that's all anyone expected of her anymore. They didn't care for anything else. "Please don't make me do it."

"Hey, it's alright." Alaric gently shushes her, heart breaking at the pain the young girl was going through. "You will never have to go back in that arena. That battle is over." And her next one was just beginning. You can't take the Games out of the Victor. It stays with you until the day you die. "Juno won't be very happy with you if you ruin all her hard work." Using the pad of his thumb, he softly brushes the tears away as Dahlia inhales a few calming breaths. "You're a champion, my dear and heavy is the head that wears the crown. So now it's time to prove your strength."

"... very excited to see her again." Dahlia tunes back in as she is guided over to the edge of the stage. "We've loved her from the beginning, cheered for her all the way. Ladies and gentlemen... The Black Dahlia!" A roar of applause erupts from the audience as Dahlia steps out onstage. Some clamber to try and catch a glimpse of the newest Victor. Dahlia is surprised by how easily her mask slips back on. The subtle smirk curls the end of her lip, alluring eyes scanning the crowd with a dark gaze. "Oh! Isn't she stunning?"

"Oh, Caesar." Dahlia purrs, delicately accepting Caesar's outstretched hand. "You sure know how to make a girl feel welcome."

"Anything for our new favourite Victor." More cheers from the audience at Caesar's words as Dahlia grins smugly. "I didn't think it was possible after Finnick Odair stole all our hearts last year." Many members of the crowd practically swoon at the mere mention of Finnick's name. "Have you had an opportunity to speak with Finnick yet? You did team up with one of his Tributes after all."

"I haven't yet had the pleasure." Dahlia replies, not wanting to mention that she had in fact spoken to Finnick before. Those moments were for her to know and keep close to her heart. She didn't want to share that with the world. "But when I do, you'll be the first to know."