𝑮𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕'𝒔 𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝑰𝒕 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔

The wedding was only a few days away and District Thirteen had descended into manic chaos to get the final preparations finished in time

The wedding was only a few days away and District Thirteen had descended into manic chaos to get the final preparations finished in time. In all the mayhem, Dahlia barely had a chance to see Finnick as they were each kept busy with endless questions and last-minute decisions. They both hated the constant pestering, wishing they could just spend their days wrapped up in each other's arms. But every time they got a moment alone, someone would come along to interrupt and drag one of them away to assist in the planning.

Eventually, when the night before the big day arrived and everyone tried to separate the bride from the groom, Dahlia and Finnick refused. They shut the door before anyone could protest and hid away in their own little home, away from all the havoc and uproar outside. They didn't care about the superstition of bad luck. They'd had enough bad luck in their lives to last them a lifetime. But as long as they were together, that was all the luck they needed.

For the first time in what felt like years, Dahlia and Finnick were finally at peace in the embrace of the person they loved most. They had immediately snuggled up on the bed, giddy grins resting permanently on their lips. Neither felt the need to fill the silence, each content to just relax in their presence. This was their paradise. This was their home.

"I've missed you." Finnick murmured lowly into her ear as he nuzzled his nose against her hair. "Wish we could just stay like this forever."

Dahlia chuckled at Finnick's childish whining, shifting her body to rest fully on his as she propped her chin on his chest. "Well, I wish tomorrow would come quicker," She mumbled lovingly, her eyes full of adoration as she stared at him. "Because I can't wait to marry you, Finn."

If Finnick's eyes could shine any brighter, they would surely surpass the radiance of the sun. For when he stared at Dahlia, he could only see his entire world staring back. And the realisation that in just a few hours they would be officially tied together for eternity brought him more joy and contentment than all the sparkling jewels of the Capitol.

"You are all I have ever wanted and needed." Finnick sighed affectionately, brushing Dahlia's hair out of her face and cupping her cheek with an infatuated grin. "How did I get lucky enough to have you in my life?"

"I think I'm the lucky one here." Dahlia softly protested, her expression falling slightly as she recalled all they had gone through to get to this point. And more importantly, all she had done. "I still feel guilty that I am experiencing such happiness when I have robbed so many others of their own. I can't help but think you deserve better than someone with my history."

Finnick listened intently to Dahlia's words, gently capturing her hand in his own and tracing his thumb over her smooth skin. The guilt that came with the horror of killing was inevitable. Each Victor had felt it at some point in their lives. There was no escaping it, the remorse would catch up eventually. But it did not mean that they didn't deserve to find love and happiness. And no one deserved that more than Dahlia and Finnick.