𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒅, 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒍𝒖𝒆

Dahlia's hands caress the smooth material of the dress adorning her body

Dahlia's hands caress the smooth material of the dress adorning her body. The royal blue fabric feels foreign under her deadly fingertips, like the calm waves of the sea meeting the untameable force of a storm. Still, she'd never felt so emotionally connected to an outfit since her first reaping dress. It was like Cove herself had wrapped her arms around Dahlia's form, squeezing her proudly for how far she had come.

Cove had worn this dress with more grace and elegance than Dahlia could ever muster up, but she would do her best to honour the friend who was taken too soon. With Cove's courage and determination flowing through her blood, Dahlia strides confidently through the backstage area with her head held high.

Despite conversing with Mags at the time, Finnick's gaze found her the moment she entered the room, as if finding her was his sixth sense. Just when he thought he couldn't fall any further in love with her, she nestles herself deeper inside his heart and proves him wrong. The whole world seems to fade into insignificance as he stares at her. His demons are silenced and all his doubts are washed away. He doesn't need anything else when she's looking at him with such devotion and passion.

"Hi, Finn." Dahlia greets softly, feeling more exposed under his gaze than she ever did in her revealing costumes. He stares at her like he could see her heart rapidly beating out of her chest, see her mind whirring with thoughts of him, see her soul burning for him.

"H-- Hi." Finnick blurts out nervously, eyes still wide at her enchanting beauty. He only ever fumbles for words around her because she's one of the only people he truly feels himself around. "How do you manage to leave me speechless every time you walk into a room?" He manages to gasp out breathlessly, leaving Dahlia to melt under his tender gaze. Finnick's fingers twitched at his side, longing to reach out and engulf her in his embrace. But his senses are suddenly flooded with the chatter around them, reminding them of the eyes watching their every move. Never breaking eye contact, he mutters lowly, "It is torturous to be so close to you yet feel so far away."

"I wish to free you from your torture." Dahlia murmurs back, eyes hooded as she inhales the salty sea aroma lingering on Finnick's body. "Soon."

Nodding in agreement, Finnick echoes her words, "Soon, my little flower."

"Finnick Odair." An attendant calls, breaking the pair from their lovestruck daze. Finnick tries to repress the groan threatening to escape his lips as he is ushered away towards the stage. He just manages to turn around, pressing his fingers to his lips before extending his arm in her direction, one hand clutched over his heart. His own silent way of expressing his love to her.

Even as he disappears from her sight, the soft and rarely seen smile remains on her lips. She only moves from the spot when Alaric leads her over to the screen so she can watch Finnick's interview. The cheers from the audience are deafening as Caesar chats with the beloved Victor but Dahlia doesn't focus on them. How can she when her Finn is the only sight that matters.