𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏... 𝑨𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

"You know, I still don't like how you and Alaric went behind my back with the interview outfit

"You know, I still don't like how you and Alaric went behind my back with the interview outfit." Juno complains bitterly as she tugs Dahlia's arena-wear up her body. The Tribute doesn't say a word while Juno fusses with the outfit, mumbling incoherently under her breath. Until finally, Juno turns the girl to face her and smooths down her hair with a tender touch. The stylist's stern face melts away as she notices the fear in the young girl's eyes. "But I admire your bravery."

"Thank you, Juno. For everything." Dahlia expresses gratefully, trying to convey her sincerity to the woman who helped her become who she is today. "There's a stash of souvenirs in my apartment. Gifts from my admirers. I'd like you to look after them for me. Do with them what you wish, sell them if you want. I won't have much need for them anymore." Her tone is filled with melancholy as she bequeaths her stolen hoard of Capitol goodies to the only person she knows will live to find use for them. Juno nods tearily in understanding before Dahlia quickly adds, "Just don't ask where I got them."

Quiet giggles are shared between them as they enjoy one last moment of peace before chaos erupts in the arena. As the laughter dies down, Juno's eyes nervously flicker up to the cameras stationed in the corners of the room. Throwing caution to the wind, she lunges forward and engulfs Dahlia in a brief hug.

"Long live the Rebellion." She whispers into Dahlia's ear, not giving her a chance to react to the unexpected words before quickly releasing her. To avoid suspicion, Juno covers her rebellious comment to the cameras watching on by openly declaring, "I hope to see you again, Petal."

"Maybe someday." Dahlia murmurs with a feigned smile, masking her shock well but not quite believing her own words. She was sure this was the last time the two women would see each other.

"Sixty seconds to launch." A male announces, his voice echoing around the room.

Wiping her eyes hurriedly, Juno was quick to try and compose herself to prepare her Tribute. "It's a wetsuit material. Light with no thermal." Juno explains, ignoring the tears still streaming down her face. "Likely a tropical environment, possibly swimming involved." Dahlia nods at the information, mentally preparing herself for stifling heat and a body of water. "We mustn't forget your token." Juno gasps, rifling through her pocket until she pulls out the blue dahlia pin Dahlia had worn during her first games. "Remember who you're fighting for."

The pin is fastened securely to Dahlia's wetsuit, reminding her of a time long ago when Alaric had gifted it to her in honour of Cove. She had fought for her family back then. Now she fights for Finnick.

"Ten seconds to launch."

Dahlia's body tenses but she forces herself to send one last smile to Juno. Stepping onto the podium, a glass cylinder lowers from above and seals her into the tube. She knows there's no turning back now. No more parades, no more training, no more interviews. Just a fight to the death.

Slowly the platform begins to rise, making Dahlia's heartbeat increase anxiously. She sends a confident nod to Juno before the woman disappears from her life forever and finds herself in complete darkness. All she can hear is her heart thumping in her chest and the breath leaving her mouth in a steady, calming flow. Panicking leads to carelessness and she intends to survive the bloodbath. But daylight is not a welcome sight for Dahlia as realisation settles in her mind. This isn't a bad dream. She's back in the Hunger Games.