28. Project Singularity

"Keep on shooting! Don't let any Honkai Beasts get to the Herrscher!" Himeko commanded as she is also shooting with the rest of the soldiers.

Hua is also fighting the Honkai Beasts with armor which enhances her physical abilities alongside Sakura as the two of them fought the enemies.

"I hope that Zero and Kalpas can defeat the Herrscher fast." Hua said as she destroyed another Honkai Beast.

"I hope the same." Sakura said as she cut up another Honkai.

The Fire Moth soldiers had set up a perimeter around the Herrscher and made sure to keep the Honkai Beasts away from the Herrscher.

Meanwhile at the battlefield of the Herrscher Kalpas and Zero had destroyed yet another golem as they looked at the Herrscher.

"Oh come on! Fight me head on you bastard!" Kalpas shouted at her.

"I know this isn't the time but I'm really curious to know how you're surviving here." Zero said to him curiously.

"Do I look like I know how?" Kalpas asked him with a hotheaded voice.

"Well, with your mask I can't even see your face." Zero said to him.

"That's the point." Kalpas immediately replied.

"Zero watch out!" Ciel shouted in his comms.

Zero whipped his head forward as a giant fist of ice hit him straight as it sent him barreling backwards. He hit a small hill as snow was kicked up. But that wasn't all as a shit ton of ice fell on top of him afterwards courtesy of the Herrscher as he was buried under a lot of ice until it became a mountain of ice.

"Oh now you've done it!" Kalpas shouted when he saw it before he turned his attention to the Herrscher.

He shot towards it as a flaming aura surrounded him as he destroyed the ice that was being sent his way. An ice golem formed in front of him only for its head to be destroyed as Kalpas literally shot through it as he managed to reach the Herrscher.

"Now I'm really angry!!" Kalpas shouted as he punched her.

She barely managed to make a shield as it is hit by him and then sent back from the force of the attack as the attack hit it's mark as a shockwave was created from the force of his punch.

"Get over here!" Kalpas shouted as he shot towards the Herrscher as the ground cracked under him.

"Die!" The Herrscher shouted as she attacked with ice spikes.

"Is that all you got!" Kalpas shouted as he destroyed the spikes and ran towards her.

"No! I have more!" The Herrscher shouted in her disembodied voice as she released huge amounts of Honkai energy.

In the HQ they had lost the signal to the earpieces of Kalpas and Zero due to the extreme cold but they still have their other functions which is a sky view as they looked at the screen.

"Zero! Come in Zero! I don't have the connection." Ciel said worried as she wasn't ablet to talk to him and the last footage they had seen was of him being crushed by the ice and buried under a mountain of ice.

"Honkai levels are at the highest level that the Herrscher of Ice has been using." A scientist said to them.

"Kalpas is currently fighting the Herrscher. No word on the robot Zero." Another soldier said to them.

"Looks like that was his limit." Iok said as he looked at the screen.

Ciel grit her teeth at his words and thought about what she could do to know about his condition. Vill-V looked at her with eyes of pity but she focused her attention on the screen as she hoped that Kalpas can defeat the Herrscher.