Getting The Badge

It's has been a day since the two of them have reached Pewter.Both of them were getting ready for their first gym battle.

Mayu said to Raiden as she was leaving,"Well, well,Raiden.Did you finally muster up the courage to challenge Brock's gym?

"Save your sarcasm, Mayu. I'm here to prove that I'm the superior trainer and even if you win you'll just be nothing but lucky.",said Raiden to which Mayu replie,"Luck? Please, Raiden. It's called skill, something you seem to lack. But sure, let's settle this once and for all. Just remember, when I defeat Brock and earn that Boulder Badge, you'll be left in the dust, as always."

Raiden let out a chuckle and said,"Don't get too ahead of yourself, Mayu.Get ready to taste defeat, because today marks the end of your inflated ego. The Boulder Badge will be mine, and your arrogance will be shattered. Let's go, it's time to face Brock and determine who the better trainer truly is."

And with that fiery exchange, Mayu and Raiden head towards Brock's gym, ready to battle and settle their rivalry on the battlefield. The clash of their determined spirits would undoubtedly make for an intense and memorable showdown.

The gym is filled with excitement as Mayu,steps onto the battlefield. She stands opposite the formidable gym leader, Brock, ready to prove her worth. Her Squirtle and Kakuna eagerly await their chance to battle.Brock gave a nod of acknowledgement,signaling the start of the battle.

Mayu whispered to herself,"This is it, Squirtle and Kakuna. We've trained hard for this moment. Let's give it our all!"

Squirtle jumps into action, prepared to face Brock's powerful Rock-type Pokemon.Brock chooses Geodude as his first Pokemon for the battle.The battle commences with Squirtle launching a powerful Water Gun attack, but Brock's Geodude withstands the hit with ease.

"We're not giving up, Squirtle! Keep going!",Mayu encouraged her Squirtle to keep going.Despite Squirtle's valiant efforts, the match proves challenging. The opposing Geodude was taken eventually down and Brock sent out his Onix.Even though Squirtle's moves have the advantage, it's tired from its battle against Brock's Geodude causing Squirtle to struggle.Kakuna used String Shot to restrict Brock's Onix. However, despite their efforts,it proved to be too strong.She was now heartbroken by her defeat.

"You were brave to challenge me, but it seems you need more than just bravery to battle and win against me.",Brock smirked.She had her head down and walked out of the gym and left the city to go train in the outskirts.Her Squirtle and Kakuna diligently practice their moves under her guidance.

"We won't be defeated again, Squirtle and Kakuna. We need to become stronger!",said Mayu gritting her teeth.Meanwhile,Raiden returns from the Pewter City gym, with a victorious smile on his face.

"I defeated Brock and earned the Boulder Badge!",he said.Mayu's eyes widen with a mixture of pride and determination but she was burning with envy."Seems like I beat you out on this.I told you that it's who is a sorry excuse for a trainer.",he said with a sinister look on his face and left.Even with a type disadvantage he still won.This just fueled Mayu's reason for victory.Determined to prove herself, Mayu and her Pokemon continue their intense training. They push themselves to the limit, honing their skills and improving their bond.

Mayu returns to the Pewter City gym, a newfound confidence radiating from her. She stands before the formidable gym leader, Brock, ready for a rematch.With steely determination,she said to Brock that this time it would be him who would be losing."This time, Brock, I won't back down!"Brock nods, acknowledging Mayu's determination."I won't hold back either. Let's see how much you've grown, Mayu!",Brock said in a serious voice.

The battle commences, and Mayu sends out her trusted Squirtle once again and Brock sent his Geodude again.Squirtle charges forward, launching a powerful Water Gun attack. However, Brock's Pokémon skillfully counters with its Rock-type moves, leaving Squirtle vulnerable.She command it to Rapid Spin and then attack with Water Gun which was able to knock out the Geodude.Just like the last time Onix was out again and this time Squirtle was able to weaken it down enough for Kakuna to take care of it.She had it in the back as a secret Trump Card.

Raiden who was watching this battle thought to himself,"In a battle between Kakuna and Onix, Onix would have a significant advantage due to its size and strength. Onix, a massive Rock and Ground-type Pokémon, stands at a towering height of 28 feet and weighs over 400 pounds. With its durable rock-like body, it possesses tremendous defensive capabilities. Its massive size allows it to deliver devastating physical attacks, making it a formidable opponent.Kakuna, on the other hand, is a small Bug and Poison-type Pokémon. While it has a hard outer shell, it lacks the offensive power and mobility to pose a serious threat to Onix. Kakuna's primary move, Harden would make it even more resistant to physical attacks but wouldn't do much against Onix's powerful moves."

Mayu knew that in this matchup, Onix could easily overwhelm Kakuna with its powerful Rock-type moves like "Rock Throw" or "Rock Slide," which would deal considerable damage to Kakuna's vulnerable Bug and Poison.However her training was good enough that the Kakuna evolved into a Beedrill.

"Beedrill, a Bug and Poison-type Pokémon, possesses increased speed, offensive power, and a broader move pool compared to Kakuna. Its evolution grants Beedrill access to a variety of moves that can be used strategically against Onix.With its newfound agility and speed, Beedrill can outmaneuver the slow and cumbersome Onix. It can employ quick and precise attacks such as Twineedle and Pin Missile.",said Mayu with a grin on her face.This shocked everyone as this was an unseen strategy.

These moves dealt substantial damage to Onix, especially considering Beedrill's higher Attack compared to Onix."Beedrill, it's our time to turn the tide! Use your newfound power!",commanded Mayu with excitement.

Beedrill buzzes with energy, ready to take on the challenge. It launches itself at Onix with incredible speed, delivering a series of devastating attacks.The battle reaches its climax as Beedrill's fury and agility prove to be too much for Onix. With one final blow, Beedrill knocks Onix down, causing it to faint.

Mayu rushes to her triumphant Beedrill, embracing it with joy and pride.Brock walked upto her and said,"Impressive battle, Mayu. Your Pokémon showed great skill and strategy. You've earned the Boulder Badge."

Mayu thanked Brock saying that it was a tough battle, but she knew that she had to prove herself against him."Your Rock-types were formidable, but I studied your tactics and trained my team to counter them effectively."

After the battle she encounters Raiden who congratulated her but said,"Don't get too confident, Mayu. This is just the beginning.",to which Mayu replied,"I'm always ready for a challenge. But for now, I have my Boulder Badge, and it's time to continue my journey.

As they walks away with their hard-earned Boulder Badge, the rivalry between the two of them only intensifies. Both trainers are determined to surpass each other and become the very best. Their clash has ignited a flame that will continue to burn as they progress on their respective journeys, pushing each other to new heights of skill and strength.They now have to journey through Mt.Moon to reach the next gym which is in Cerulean City.