Reminded

The atmosphere in the Fortree Gym was electric, buzzing with anticipation. The vast, open-air arena was filled with spectators, their eyes fixated on the battlefield below. Winona, the graceful Flying-type Pokémon master, stood confidently on her side of the field, her eyes locked onto her challenger's.

Mayu approached her end of the arena, her steps steady despite the weight of the moment. She paused to glance at her friends, Ren and Riyu, who stood at the sidelines, their expressions a mix of excitement and concern.

"I hope you're ready, Winona," Mayu called out across the arena, her voice unwavering.

Winona smirked, adjusting her glove. "I've been waiting for this, Mayu. Let's make it a battle to remember. However, I won't go easy on you despite being the one to free us."

The referee stepped forward, raising his arm. "This will be a four-on-four Pokémon battle between Winona, the Fortree Gym Leader, and Mayu, the challenger. Only the trainer who manages to defeat all of their opponent's Pokémon will emerge victorious. Are the trainers ready?"

Both Mayu and Winona nodded, their gaze locked in a fierce determination.

"Then let the battle begin!"

Winona threw her first Poké Ball, releasing a majestic Skarmory that soared into the sky, its metallic wings gleaming in the sunlight. "Skarmory, Steel Wing!"

Mayu responded quickly, tossing her Poké Ball high. A flash of light revealed her choice - Manectric, its mane bristling with electricity. "Manectric, Thunderbolt!"

The two Pokémon clashed in a brilliant display of power, the sky illuminated by the electric charge. Skarmory, despite its steel exterior, was visibly weakened by the attack.

"Good hit, Mayu," Ren cheered from the sidelines, his eyes filled with admiration.

Winona, undeterred, called out her next command. "Skarmory, Brave Bird!"

Skarmory dived towards Manectric with blinding speed, but Mayu was ready. "Dodge and use Flamethrower!"

Manectric swiftly evaded the attack, retaliating with a stream of flames that engulfed Skarmory. The Steel Bird Pokémon screeched in pain, its health dwindling rapidly.

Winona recalled her fainted Skarmory, her expression serious. "You did well. Rest up. Go, Tropius!"

With a powerful flap of its leafy wings, Tropius took to the air, bananas ready for battle. "Tropius, Leaf Blade!"

Mayu grinned, sensing an opportunity. "Manectric, use Thunder!"

A bolt of lightning streaked from the sky, striking Tropius directly and causing it to crash to the ground, defeated in an instant.

Winona looked surprised but quickly composed herself. "Impressive. But let's see how you handle this. Go, Swellow!"

Swellow took to the sky, its wings a blur as it circled above the battlefield. "Swellow, Aerial Ace!"

Mayu, however, was prepared. "Shuppet, Shadow Ball!"

As Swellow descended with blinding speed, Shuppet released a swirling orb of darkness. The two attacks collided, causing a massive explosion that sent shockwaves throughout the arena.

When the dust settled, both Pokémon were still standing, albeit visibly exhausted.

"Great strategy, Mayu," Riyu shouted, her eyes shining with excitement.

Winona nodded in approval. "Well done, both of you. Swellow, one more Aerial Ace!"

Mayu clenched her fists, determination burning in her eyes. "Shuppet, dodge and use Will-O-Wisp!"